Problems with Maverick ET 733

Did you read the above posts ?

Sure did, sucks they will not pay to ship it back. I don't agree with it, I was just agreeing with a previous poster about MY experience with customer service.

Looks like a temp probe is an easier matter... compared to a new unit.

Unit weighs what... 2lbs. Shouldn't break the bank to get it back to them.

Sure did, sucks they will not pay to ship it back. I don't agree with it, I was just agreeing with a previous poster about MY experience with customer service.

Looks like a temp probe is an easier matter... compared to a new unit.

Unit weighs what... 2lbs. Shouldn't break the bank to get it back to them.

Yeah copy that. It's not really about the $$$ just the principle.

Contact Amazon. They are pretty cooperative about helping with resolution with bad sellers.

Just wondering what brand batteries you are putting in it? Also being the unofficial go to guy for Maverick issues I may be able to help even if you bought it from someone other than me.

I have just had bad luck I guess with the Mavericks. The temps lose their accuracy after awhile to the point I just don't trust them anymore. I now only use Thermoworks stuff because it is quality stuff, not toys. More expensive, but I don't want to be second guessing my temps.

Just wondering what brand batteries you are putting in it? Also being the unofficial go to guy for Maverick issues I may be able to help even if you bought it from someone other than me.

Duracell Procell, Duracell Coppertop, Sony Stamina Plus and what ever the cheap ones that came with it.

Duracell Procell, Duracell Coppertop, Sony Stamina Plus and what ever the cheap ones that came with it.
That is a strange one. I get around 2 months of being on 24-7 on dollar store batteries. I have one that runs all day as a demo unit at the store.

The reason why they ask for the unit back is so they can figure out what is wrong. If you put the transmitter in a small USPS flat rate box it would be a little over $5, if you put it in a small box or padded envelope and ship First Class it will be even less.

Copy that. It's the receiver that is bad. I might of said transmitter earlier, my bad.:doh:

Should I call them and make sure it's only the defective receiver and not the whole package I need to send in?

Copy that. It's the receiver that is bad. I might of said transmitter earlier, my bad.:doh:

Should I call them and make sure it's only the defective receiver and not the whole package I need to send in?
Call and see if Darren is available. He is my competition teammate and a VP at Maverick. Great guy and he is the one who designed the ET-733.

Merry Christmas. I hope I was able to help a little.

Call and see if Darren is available. He is my competition teammate and a VP at Maverick. Great guy and he is the one who designed the ET-733.

I appreciate your help, Thanks.:thumb:

I called for Darren this morning , but he is out till next Monday.

Hate to admit it but I've left mine on for "days" and never had a problem, seems the batteries last forever, I'd give them a call they have great customer service

I have the same experience as quoted. I go weeks leaving them on in the cold weather and have yet to replace the battery

I called and talked to Darren this morning and he said ship it to him and he will take care of it. Boxed it up in a small flat rate box and sent it on it's way.

Thanks for your help Steve!

Ron

In other words, you still had to pay to send it back.?

I know one time, a friend had a problem with a Thermoworks unit and they sent him a shipping label for it to be returned to them. Then they shipped it back all on their dime. Not his.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Maverick units but I'd like for them to stand behind their products a little better. (Not just the probes.):tape:

In other words, you still had to pay to send it back.?
Don't get me wrong, I like the Maverick units but I'd like for them to stand behind their products a little better. (Not just the probes.):tape:

Copy that.

Maverick sent me a new unit which I received 4 days ago. I have left it turned on just for ****s and giggles since I received it and the batteries are still going strong. :bow:
With the defective unit the batteries would be dead after two days with the unit turned off...:wacko:

Thank you Steve for directing me to Darren @ Maverick.

Back