Who knew tri-tip was this good?!

you did everything right, and that makes for some tasty eats. The two biggest mistakes people make when cooking a tri tip is they over cook them, and they don't pay attention to the grain direction when carving. You nailed both processes right there.

If everyone did that on their first attempt, there would be an immediate shortage of tri tip all over the place. So to keep the tri tip in good supply, we should all spread the word that people need to cook them till there is no pink left, and slice them with the grain lol.

Looks good. Tri-tip is a wonderful cut of steak. It is somewhat hard to find and rather expensive here in the midwest. I guess because brisket is so popular.

Im sorry, Tri who? Im sure we don't know what you mean.:spy:

sorry... nice try. OR should I say TRI :clap:

A co worker from Cali told me about them, until then I had never heard of it. It has become a family favorite for sure.

I tied it for the first time a few weeks ago, love it! For leftovers the next day I sliced the remainder thin. Then fried onions and peppers in butter with some olive oil, garlic, thyme, sea salt and a few other spices. When it was close to done I warmed up the Tri-tip slices in the pan. Finally put it on a bun under a broiler with loads of mozzarella on top. Was just as amazing as the first day!

Back