• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Kettle Madness!!!

WOW..........Thanks. Those are some way cool Webers. I love the Red JJ

Some of their collections are insane! I belong to the other Weber forum but I've never heard of these guys before. Heck, I might register. Thanks. :)

Some of their collections are insane! I belong to the other Weber forum but I've never heard of these guys before. Heck, I might register. Thanks. :)

Come on over man! We were part of the other forum, but politics and shenanigans made us make a new and improved home. :thumb:

I'm not sure if it's the symmetry of this one that gets me, but that's a fine collection. I though we were some sick farkers.

016.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the symmetry of this one that gets me, but that's a fine collection. I though we were some sick farkers.
And that's not even me! I've met him but have yet to get over to his place to check out his collection. My collection is considerably more modest.

well, since we are talking about the "other" site, i can say that most of the issues were from those that started the "other" site. they felt they didn't have to follow the rules of tvwb and the owner of that site and started to mouth off. it went bad from there. nothing says you have to be loyal to any site at all, just be aware there are some real issues with folks there. i know i will get blasted by this but i stand by tvwb and was hoping that it wouldn't arrive here but it has. if you don't like a site just move but these guys started bad mouthing tvwb. so go ahead and join, have fun, just be aware of how it started. i don't like controversy so will not join in further,
just a heads up.

well, since we are talking about the "other" site, i can say that most of the issues were from those that started the "other" site. they felt they didn't have to follow the rules of tvwb and the owner of that site and started to mouth off. it went bad from there. nothing says you have to be loyal to any site at all, just be aware there are some real issues with folks there. i know i will get blasted by this but i stand by tvwb and was hoping that it wouldn't arrive here but it has. if you don't like a site just move but these guys started bad mouthing tvwb. so go ahead and join, have fun, just be aware of how it started. i don't like controversy so will not join in further,
just a heads up.

I am a member of both sites. Not sure what all the hubub is related to the tvwb is about.

My take is that the WKC is active and everyone is easy going. The tvwb site seems kind of dead or barely alive. Very little activity IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm a member at tvwb and saw what mbshop is referring to.

I'm not going to blast you but I will say those guys just came with a different style, I don't think Chris was into their tongue-in-cheek, (sometimes) off topic style. They moved on to their own forum and run it they way they want. You don't have them any longer at tvwb correct?

Both sites are great I still visit both daily it's just 2 different feels, maybe a little old school vs new school?

just a heads up.

just a heads up.
I'm a member of all three FWIW. I'm not familiar with the specific issue but I suppose it is a style/personality thing. In that regard, I appreciate what the guys who started WKC have done. I'm involved in some organizations that depend in volunteer effort. It is all too often that people complain about something but are unwilling to do anything to help the situation. At least these guys are doing something to provide an alternate. I'm sorry to see that Weber resources are divided between two sites but I doubt that any single site will make everyone happy. Choice is good!

I'm also a member of SMF as well but I have found BBQ-Brethren to be an interesting place to hang out. Lots of character here.

I am a founding member of WKC am I am a member here but mostly a lurker. I would like to welcome everyone to the WKC. Yes we are collector nerds, yes we love to have a great time and get goofy, and most of all we love BBQ, and I think we can all agree on that. Oh and George is a huge reason why we all left, he is very negative and I hope he never shows up over there at the WKC....

Thanks everyone...

Brian

Thanks for the shout out!

I am also a founding member (and the admin) of the Weber Kettle Club. :)

George is right. The WKC started as a split from the virtual bullet site.

To add some perspective to George's version of the story...

Several members, including myself, formed a strong friendship based around our passion for and respect of the weber kettle. We strived to gather and share information and even grow the community.

Some of the members that had been around a while didn't like the way things were changing in the community. And several of us hardcore weber guys didn't like the way the forums were being operated. We initially tried to work things out and even pursue significant improvements to the bullet site - but eventually realized that it wasn't going to work out.

Rather than go separate ways and lose an impressive amount of collective knowledge and passion - we decided to start a new site based purely around the Weber Kettle.

We didn't recruit or spam or troll. There were dozens of people ready to move on. We were happy just having a site to ourselves.

Within a few months, people were joining and confessing their addiction to the weber kettle.

Now we're enjoying an environment of like-minded people with similar interests, no spammy amazon links, and no bickering from forum veterans resistant to change.

The bullet is still a great resource dedicated to the WSM, and I'm still a member (rarely post nowadays).
The WKC is a site dedicated to the weber kettle, and we're working to make it a great resource.

And of course this site, is the ultimate community for anything barbecue related. :)

Back