My review of the new Grilla Smoker-Grill

PrinceofQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
For this weeks review I was shipped the brand new Grilla Smoker-Grill from Fahrenheit Technologies Inc.

GrillaOpen.jpg

The Grilla Smoker-Grill is a wood pellet smoker-grill that is perfect for a beginner like myself or someone who is familiar with using wood pellet smoker-grills.

First off, I want to touch on some of the great exterior features I liked about the Grilla. The swing lid was something that I noticed right away when I was looking it over. I have owned other smokers in the past that had heavy lids and it was always a pain to find a place to set the lid or trying to hold the lid and tend to the meat at the same time. The awesome thing about the swing lid is that you can open it with one hand and it can also be left partially open as necessary, without losing all your heat. I was also able to run two probe wires from my dual channel thermometer and still have the lid all the way closed.

GrillaHalfOpen.jpg

Another great feature that I liked, was the round shape of the Grilla which eliminates hot and cold corners. The round shape also makes for a smaller foot print, which is nice for those like me that have limited space, but also want all the great features of a pellet smoker-grill that doesn’t take up your whole patio. The Grilla’s ergonomic design and sturdy 5 inch rubber wheels made for some smooth balanced movement around my patio.

The Grilla is made of 18 gauge steel that has a long lasting powder coated finish. It has stainless steel side trays which are very easy to clean and give you a great amount of space to set plates on. There are also hooks underneath to hang your grilling utensils.

GrillaProbes.jpg

The viewing glass is really cool at night because the Grilla logo glows in the light of the flames.

photo.jpg

As I was looking at the interior features of the grill I was very happy to see that the pellet hopper was nice and big and could hold up to 20 lbs of wood pellets. There is also a fuel change out panel on the back that allows you to switch wood pellets easily for different flavor profiles. Fahrenheit Technologies does not require you to use a certain brand of pellets in the Grilla like another big name company that voids your warranty if you don’t use their brand of pellets.

PelletHopper.jpg

The Grilla has a fully enclosed fan and auger motor with a maintenance panel in the rear that allows for easy access to both. It also has a fire pot and igniter which can be easily removed for quick cleaning.

photo-4-9.jpg

Pics from my pork butt smoke on the Grilla.

GrillaSmoke.jpg

GrillaPorkButt2.jpg

Pulled.jpg

Final Thoughts

I sit here thinking about all the great features that the Grilla has to offer and really feel blessed with such a big opportunity to do this review on such a great smoker-grill.

The Grilla, just like other pellet smoker-grills, is a leave it and pretty much forget it style of cooking. This is something that’s great for me as a stay-at-home dad because I always have a million other things going on at once. I can fill the hopper with 20 lbs of pellets and fire up the Grilla and know its going to stay at the temperature I set it at on the digital control panel. With it’s 488 square inches of cooking surface and its removable upper grill grate there is plenty of room to smoke whole chickens, turkeys and roasts or to grill steaks, burgers and hot dogs for your family and friends.

I can only come up with a few things that could be considered a negative issue to some people about the Grilla. These are also things you will find on all pellet smokers. The first is the cost of the wood pellets. It will cost me around $40 for 40 lbs of BBQr’s Delight wood pellets compared to around $27 for 45 lbs of charcoal. I can tell you I do think the pellets are worth the extra money because I felt they added a lot more flavor to everything I cooked. The second and final thing is you have to plug the Grilla in to an outside electrical outlet for it to run. I have an outlet outside so that really isn’t a big issue to me, but could be to someone who doesn’t have access to one.

If you are in the market for an American Made wood pellet smoker-grill I highly recommend checking into the new Grilla Smoker-Grill! It has all the wonderful features that most people will want.

Thanks!

Jay Prince aka @Prince_of_Q

Last edited:
Nice review Jay!

Whats the $$$?

Thanks Tim! Don't quote me on this but they had told me $1,400. I put their contact info on my review in case people want to check with them for sure. I can tell you it is well worth the money. This thing is a beast! :thumb:

how many pound of pellets did it use per hour of cooking at 225*?

nice review!

My first thought upon opening the thread was:

WOW isn't that farkin' fancy.

Then I scrolled down and my next thought was <homer>mmmmmmm pooooorrrkkkkk </homer>

Thanks so much guys! So glad you liked my review...worked really hard on it and had a blast! :)

I am still eating leftovers from that 8lb pork butt I smoked on the Grilla...It was so good that I didn't have to put any sauce on it...and if you know me you know that I eat BBQ sauce on everything including my breakfast cereal lol:shock:

Have a great Thanksgiving you guys!

Thanks again!

Jay
@Prince_of_Q

Back