Back in the Saddle - 1st cook of 2019. - w/ Pr0n

I steam my pastrami Don't have a pressure cooker or Instant Pot

I've tried most all of the options that ThirdEye mentions on his webpage. The Boss got an Instant Pot last year, so I tried the pressure finish as an experiment: Loved it!

I'm currently waiting for the natural release on the 2nd pressure run on the cooker. I swear, this one is taking long time!

Here's a sneak peak from the first pressure run:

vs1BGiJh.jpg

I agree with you 100% on the InstaPot pressure finish. Better moisture and tenderness and no doubt I learned about this technique on this great site. It usually takes me two runs through the InstaPot also.

Ribs probed tender, so they're off and resting.

YGUTbXAh.jpg

Pastrami still not probing tender all over. :roll:

Back into the InstaPot she went. Waiting on the pressure to release to check on her again.

Pastrami's about to come out of the InstaPot.

Boss is working on veg side for the ribs.

We've all been snacking a bit on those tips and trimmings. I'd forgotten how nice those are as a chef's snack.

Nearly to the photo finish. Hang in there.

Sorry for lack of fancy plated photos.

jXT5V1sh.jpg

The munchkin didn't have patience for that, and we've just been through a bit of a meltdown. It'll be alright.

The family destroyed the bones... really nice savoury base layer, and some nice sweetness on top.

nRItG3Qh.jpg

Pastrami was a big hit, as well. Only managed a quick snap after a test slice or two. It's tough to beat a homemade pastrami...

No doubt the home cooking beats anything you've had the past few weeks. Happy to see you at home doing what you love with the people you love.

No doubt the home cooking beats anything you've had the past few weeks. Happy to see you at home doing what you love with the people you love.

Cheers, Ron.

I'm honestly struggling with the fact that I no longer need to get 25+ K lbs of supplies to an isolated unit in the middle of enemy territory..... but, I need to fix my munchkin's dolly's swimsuit and headband for an imaginary trip to the beach.

Priorities. The Brethren understand.

Back