BBQ and Ford; full version commercial.

BBQ PD

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, it's been sometime since we showed up to film the Ford commercial with Mike Rowe, and although the commercial has not aired yet, we just found the full version on Ford's website. Don't blink, but we are there. Eight hours on set for a few seconds of background shots, but a boat load of fun anyway, and we got paid for doing it. Bonus!

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superdut...7j13k09m4n0p20121018#/videos/men-who-own-work

My first brand new vehicle was a Ford, this was in the mid 1970's. It was so badly designed that the engine needed to be rebuilt under warranty after less than 30m miles. When I received it back from the engine rebuild I found the main oil seal to be broken. When I called them on it they told me it was not related to the rebuild and not their problem. I've never had or considered a Ford vehicle since. JMHO

Congrats! Always great to get paid to have some fun!
I like Hank, don't own a Ford Truck. I wanted to buy one this year, but the dealer I went to really pissed me off...I bought a Toyota Tundra.

My first brand new vehicle was a Ford, this was in the mid 1970's. It was so badly designed that the engine needed to be rebuilt under warranty after less than 30m miles. When I received it back from the engine rebuild I found the main oil seal to be broken. When I called them on it they told me it was not related to the rebuild and not their problem. I've never had or considered a Ford vehicle since. JMHO

I had a similar experience in the 80's.

They actually sent me a customer satisfaction survey afterwards. I scrawled across it with red pen "I will never buy a !@#$%&* Ford again" and mailed it back.

Whenever I consider buying a new car I take the comparable Ford for a drive and tell my story to the salesman.

Well, it's been sometime since we showed up to film the Ford commercial with Mike Rowe, and although the commercial has not aired yet, we just found the full version on Ford's website. Don't blink, but we are there. Eight hours on set for a few seconds of background shots, but a boat load of fun anyway, and we got paid for doing it. Bonus!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Food looked great btw! :thumb:

Congrats! Always great to get paid to have some fun!
I like Hank, don't own a Ford Truck. I wanted to buy one this year, but the dealer I went to really pissed me off...I bought a Toyota Tundra.

The dealer pissed you off, and you bought a girl truck to get back at him...bad call!

No friggin' way? That was it?? Well at least you had a good time and made some coin out of the deal. I can't believe you got 1 second out of that.... :)

well, you were a great actor ! but might wanna stick with cookin the food which looked great.

Back