APB For Webb's Colored Distilled Vinegar

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I can't find this stuff anywhere. I want it to use in BBQ sauce. I am told that it is sold by wholesale companies like SYSCO and Halsey but I am a consumer not a retailer. Does anyone have a source for it?

picture.php

wish i knew. Lilly doesn't suggest where to find it in his book.

Just out of curiosity, what's so special about this vinegar? I ask because i've never heard of colored distilled vinegar.

Just out of curiosity, what's so special about this vinegar? I ask because i've never heard of colored distilled vinegar.

Why do they put coloring in anything?

Since Big Bob Gibson didn't care for ACV, I suppose that he (and evidently others) simply liked the color better than clear vinegar when mixed with all that cayenne in his "sop mop".

They're on Manta.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm2f1bx/webbpak-inc

Webbpak Inc

110 Railroad Avenue
Trussville, AL 35173-1443 map
Birmingham, AL Metro Area

Webbpak Inc in Trussville, AL is a private company categorized under Vinegar Manufacturers. Our records show it was established in 1982 and incorporated in Alabama. Register for free to see additional information such as annual revenue and employment figures.

I'm sure if you got in touch with them directly they'd be happy to give you information on purchasing.

They're on Manta.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm2f1bx/webbpak-inc

Webbpak Inc

110 Railroad Avenue
Trussville, AL 35173-1443 map
Birmingham, AL Metro Area

Webbpak Inc in Trussville, AL is a private company categorized under Vinegar Manufacturers. Our records show it was established in 1982 and incorporated in Alabama. Register for free to see additional information such as annual revenue and employment figures.

I'm sure if you got in touch with them directly they'd be happy to give you information on purchasing.

Bingo! Nice detective work! I found out that Piggly Wiggly sells the vinegar as well as Halsey in Madison, AL and Associated Grocers in Baton Rouge. The problem is, all of those places are around AL and no where near VA.

Any brethren in the area up for shipping some this way?:becky:

I did an advanced search on the members page using Huntsville as the location and got 19 members. I checked most of the very recent posters and a bunch are in Alabama so they're right next to Madison.

Perhaps a PM with a bribe? ;)

As far as that goes, I've got sisters in Athens, Huntsville and Cullmann and my mom is in Decatur. Perhaps you could bribe them. :)

What color is it?
Can't the color be achieved with a bit of food coloring?

Couldn't you use regular distilled vinegar and add your own food coloring?

Or does Webbs have a special flavor?

Couldn't you use regular distilled vinegar and add your own food coloring?

Or does Webbs have a special flavor?

I was told by someone that works at Big Bob Gibson's that it has a unique flavor.

Please let us know if you find a source for this where we can order some.

I can't find this stuff anywhere. I want it to use in BBQ sauce. I am told that it is sold by wholesale companies like SYSCO and Halsey but I am a consumer not a retailer. Does anyone have a source for it?

picture.php

A while back I did a lot of looking into this stuff, and it's presecessor as it is cited as a must use/cannot be substituted ingredient in some pretty well known sauces. It is a distilled white vinegar that is colored with caramel coloring, it has a little bit of sweetening and artificial flavoring. It is primarily a flavored vinegar, which explains why it works so well in red and vinegar sauces. It is meant to be a substitute for cider vinegar minus the cost and difficulty of cider vinegar

Do you have Facebook? I have Chris Lilly as a friend and sent him a message. Within a few days he replied back and answered my questions. I would think he would answer your question, especially if recommended from his book.

Do you have Facebook? I have Chris Lilly as a friend and sent him a message. Within a few days he replied back and answered my questions. I would think he would answer your question, especially if it recommend from his book.

Well, that's worth a try.

Back