• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Recommendations Wanted, Brick Smoker Project.

I am in! Let me know when and where. Would really like to get to know this crew and excited to see what this beast of a food cooker looks like.

We built (are building) this around making new friends and general entertaining, come one, come all.

A quote from Gordon Lightfoot's song "Wreck of the...."
"When the waves turn the minutes to hours..."
A day like today (12 deg, 30 mph winds, blowing snow) makes me wonder WHEN I can get back to working on it?
Sometimes really jealous of those who don't get this sh**.
Sorry, just a quick vent, do really like Wisconsin.......

We built (are building) this around making new friends and general entertaining, come one, come all.

A quote from Gordon Lightfoot's song "Wreck of the...."
"When the waves turn the minutes to hours..."
A day like today (12 deg, 30 mph winds, blowing snow) makes me wonder WHEN I can get back to working on it?
Sometimes really jealous of those who don't get this sh**.
Sorry, just a quick vent, do really like Wisconsin.......

I started reading this post and was thinking about your few weeks comment and then no freezing. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us in WI. As I sit here watching the snow fall with the temp falling at the same pace. Glad to see your project it looks awesome. Keep the posts coming. You are making us all jealous of your set up. Now if you could make it a little warmer here.

A little warmer and I can start mixing MUD!! :laugh:
I will keep the thread alive, even if I have to add more Pr0n.

Thanks!

Hey Thermal, will your oven hit the extreme temps needed for Neapolitan style pizzas? I know that those ovens usually dome at over 1000 and have a floor temp of around 700-800. I have wanted one forever and am trying to find some cool ideas around design. Beautiful food coming out of there.

Easily.
My IR thermometer has a max of 1100 and it is regularly over that (how much I have no way of knowing) when the fire is really going.
I usually don't even consider starting pies until it gets at least there.
I then will move the coals to the edges and clear the deck. By the time a few pies are ready, the deck is perfect.
By popular request, I have a thread going on the entire build for more details.

That is awesome, I know I've seen pies over on pizzamaking.com forums and the Neapolitans that have come out of those guys ovens that hit insane temps is crazy. 90 second pizza bakes are insane to watch on Youtube.

When I finally get going on my own one day I may be in contact for tips since yours seems to be so successfully designed!

PrOn

A little Pr0n to keep the interest up.
Still hoping for some feed back on the smoker, brick smoker guys out there?

Some jalapeno poppers, WFO style!

Yes, we scarped a couple (were falling through the hole :wink:) before I could get the finished shot...

Attachments

• pizza oven 042.jpg
    pizza oven 042.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 44
  • pizza oven 043.jpg
    pizza oven 043.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back