• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Walmart was good to me...

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Now I'm not one to buy meat from walmart but I had to stop in there after work and decided to check the meat section. They happened to have three brisket's on hand with two being graded choice (they usually only carry select or ungraded). So I picked up the better one of the two for this weekends cook, a #13 beauty. Little farther down the isle and there was six slabs of spareribs on sale for $1.39 a pound. Once again I usually never buy these because they are "enhanced" but couldn't pass them up at that price.

Hey HuskerMan!

Down the road from you a tad, and for the past 2 weeks the
Wally World in my one horse town has had choice briskets
also! Hardly ever see choice anything here! :-(

you may be seing a change due to a recall. I was looking for a packer memorial weekend and the lady in the meat department told me all the walmarts had a recall on briskets. since then I have not seen the old brand although I have only been in there five or six times since.

Wal-Mart here has had some choice packers for the past month or two. But I still haven't got one from there yet.

It's just nice to see them graded so it's not mystery meat.

Wal-Mart here has had some choice packers for the past month or two. But I still haven't got one from there yet.

It's just nice to see them graded so it's not mystery meat.

Normally I still would have got my brisket from Sams but I didn't have the time to take the 35 minutes one way to run in to just get a brisket yesterday so I figured I would try a walmart packer again. It just went on the pit so I guess I will find out if it was worth it in about 12-14 hours.

The super Walmart near me had choice briskets too! Had to pick up a couple because they only ever have ungraded.

yep, i was shocked when i saw choice briskets at my local wally world too. The quality probably isnt all that great but at 2.48 a pound it's WAY cheaper than i can get brisket anywhere else.

I have bought some meat at Wal Mart on multiple occasions for smoking. I have noticed here that they have changed brandnames on their ribs, and I have had great success with their briskets and pork butts. You just have to choose a good one out of their selection.

I'll have to take a look when I go to Walmart this morning - God I hate that place on the weekends!

On a side note - good to see a few Husker fans on here! Wahoo was in our conference in high school, went to Bennington.

Husker+Heaven.jpg

Now I'm not one to buy meat from walmart but I had to stop in there after work and decided to check the meat section. They happened to have three brisket's on hand with two being graded choice (they usually only carry select or ungraded). So I picked up the better one of the two for this weekends cook, a #13 beauty. Little farther down the isle and there was six slabs of spareribs on sale for $1.39 a pound. Once again I usually never buy these because they are "enhanced" but couldn't pass them up at that price.
Was at Walmart before fathers day & they had some beef tenderloin in the black package the stuff they advertise on tv. Walmart came up with a new grade of beef for this package its called choice premium picked up 2 for fathers day it was pretty darn good.

I'll have to take a look when I go to Walmart this morning - God I hate that place on the weekends!

On a side note - good to see a few Husker fans on here! Wahoo was in our conference in high school, went to Bennington.

There are a few of us on here that I have seen posting. I believe we played Bennington a few times when I was in school but they are no longer in the conference I think. Nice looking boat you have there.

There are a few of us on here that I have seen posting. I believe we played Bennington a few times when I was in school but they are no longer in the conference I think. Nice looking boat you have there.

I went to school at Wakefield and we played Bennington. Graduated in 2000.

Normally I still would have got my brisket from Sams but I didn't have the time to take the 35 minutes one way to run in to just get a brisket yesterday so I figured I would try a walmart packer again. It just went on the pit so I guess I will find out if it was worth it in about 12-14 hours.
Did you go to Walmart in Fremont then?

Back