View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Mark,

I understand where you are coming from. It doesn't seem right to be on sight all day and work well into the night and get $10.00 per hour. There are many different ways to price out jobs, i.e. food costs x 3, but I think that is for a simple cook off site and deliver. For the onsights, I believe it should be a whole lot more. Your customers are asking a lot. I do not know that number however. We did about the same thing this summer and will not do it again until we can figure out better pricing.
Health laws are differnt from State to State, and in Nebraska it seems county to county. Get a hold of your health inspector and talk with him or her. They are there to help and get you set up properly. I started talking to mine even before I started building out catering trailer so we were all on the same page.
The cooking in a certified kitchen and delivering food for my county health inspector means I am a caterer and fall under his laws. Cooking on sight for a persons party using my equipememnt and or theirs means I am a Personal Chef and do not come under the health department laws. So again get with them and figure out which way you want to go. Either way keep the publics safety and health utmost in your food preparation and holding.
Just my .02 cents.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->