• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Contest Site Requirements

HurtVaHokie

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am new to the BBQ competition world and have enjoyed reading the forum and I hope to be able to compete in one soon. In the mean time i am active in a small town revitalization effort and we may have the opportunity to host an event but being new I have now idea what type of facilities are normally provided. Would we need to have power and water for each team? At each site? 20A, 30A etc.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I will be visiting a few competitions as well.

The larger the site pad the better,

electric can be shared as long as there are atleast 1 post with 8 or so outlets for each 2-4 teams.. water is always good and 1 post with a splitter allowing 1 hose connection for each team..

I would also prefer a waitress to bring me my cocktails, a pitmaster to cook my food, and heat and ac would be preferred also!!

But i think the water and electric is a good start :p

water and electric is a complete necessity. Ice on site is a big plus. Girls on trampolines, will definitely boost attendance. Alright, not a necessity, but it'd be nice. Minimum 20x20 site, a little bigger is nice. Close to grocery store is always good.

Back