Can't Call them MOINK but they sure are tasty!

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This week is great to be in Wisconsin. There were two border battle games and it's Deer gun season!
In honor of all of this, I decided to cook up some goodies on the grill to bring to deer camp parties and game day parties (if there were enough leftover). My daughter saw what I was doing and asked to help.
We had some turkey meatballs in the freezer and some Berkshire Sidepork that I had been waiting for an excuse to use for awhile. This seemed like a good enough one to me. I made them up like the standard turkey wrapped meatballs but, because the side pork wasn't cured I had my daughter give them a bath in some Pig Pollen, figuring that the flavor wouldn't be too over powering.

They went onto the OTG to cook indirectly for about an hour with a couple of flips/rotations.

I didn't glaze them during the cook process because I wanted people to be able to choose what sauce they wanted to dip them in. They were farkin fantastic! My kids like them so much, they didn't want me to leave the house with them. Luckily the deer camp shindig was small so, they got some for the border battle game the next day.
Thanks for looking. :thumb:

Those sure look GOOD!

BUT...

No certificate for you. That is not really MOINK. Sorry.
I know. Good thing I already got a certificate. :becky:

Well, looks good, MOINK or no. :thumb::thumb: How did the thick cut bacon work out? Never tried that.
I definitely would only use it with precooked meatballs. I like it better then regular sliced because, to me, it doesn't seem to dry out as bad and has a slight "bacon chewiness" it gives them.

That pork wrapper looks awesome. Judging by that last pic, they look like they don't even need any sauce. Nice. :thumb:

Great cook Tom, looks like the side pork is amazing

The side pork is really really good. The only problem is that when I first made a batch for my family to go with breakfast one day. They thought there was "something wrong with the bacon". I explained to them that it wasn't bacon but, side pork, they came to the consensus that they preferred bacon. Therefore, I was having a heck of a time coming up with how to use it in something they would like. In this case, it's mild flavor was a benefit in pulling this off. They definitely weren't complaining about it this time. :becky: :thumb:

Back