reheating using chafing pans?

Hot Grill on Grill Logan

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
so, going to be doing a large charity cook, anticipating 400 plus. We are looking at alternate ways of reheating our pork and brisket as space on the smoker is limited as is electricity.

Anyone have experience using chafing pans/fuel (large Sam's foil disposable) for reheating? How long does it take to reheat a full pan of refridgerated product?

images

I don't think you will get it hot in a fast and safe way. Chafers are designed to keep hot food hot.

Ditto, not to be used for raising temps, only keeping temps. HD will have a field day with you if they come by.

thanks for the responses, never tried it, so very much appreciate the responses prior to going in blind. Looks like I'm going to have to hit up our teammate's dad's team (Omaha's blowing smoke) and bribe them for use of their Klose pit as a second heater. Thanks again!

Those do not work well for reheating any way. Crock pots or roaster ovens work pretty well.

If you don't have an oven then break out the portable propane stove and a huge pot to boil water in. Vac seal your product and reheat with this method.

i usually use the gasser and a couple 22" webber kettles and/or the oven to reheat then place the pans into the chaffing pans piping hot. has worked well.

Back