BBQ Brethren "Fast Food" Throwdown!

Ok, here they are..

Super Sliders.

An upgraded version of the delicious A1 sauce white castles.

Ground sirloin
Ms. Dash herb seasoning for a little something extra
Cooked on a griddle on my gasser in a bed of oinions and butter.
Placed on slider-size sesame seed buns with freshly sliced dill pickles and of course A1 sauce.

2011-10-24165834.jpg

2011-10-24165911.jpg

2011-10-24172404.jpg

2011-10-24173017.jpg

2011-10-24173421.jpg

2011-10-24174816.jpg

Danvers Chili

Well, I practically lived at Danvers when I was in graduate school as they had a soup and salad bar that featured chili. The bar was dirt cheap and the chili was actually pretty good but...they used crumbled burgers from the day before to make the daily chili and NOT prime rib. Well, OK, the prime rib was in an ungraded cryovac that really wasn't good enough for steaks but still had a great beefy flavor so...Chili! I used Big Ron's chili mix. I cut up about 4 lbs of the PR and generously dusted with Big Ron's mix (Great stuff BTW). These were left in the fridge overnight when they were brought to room temp and grilled over Kingsford Comp with 4 chunks of hiskory for smoke. In the meantime I sauteed a medium onion, a red bell pepper and a few cloves of minced garlic. Oh, I also the night before made some dried pintos (2 cups and 6 cups water with some Big Ron's mix) the night before. The meat when grilled was cut into cubes. I added two cans of chopped tomatos, a can of Rotel, a can of tomato sauce, a can of tomato paste and a couple cups of beef broth to the mix. Then just let it go for a few hours in the slow cooker until the beef was tender. This chit was farking great! Much better than the inspiration probably due to the grilled prime rib - no mattter what the grade. Here's some pics.

chili.jpg

chili1.jpg

chili2.jpg

Hot stuff!

HotStuff.jpg

hotstuff1.jpg

Rubbed

rubbed-10.jpg

Overnight

rubbed1.jpg

ready to grill

rubbed2.jpg

On the grill

rubbed3.jpg

Meanwhile - onion, red pepper and garlic

skillet.jpg

Finished!

rubbed4.jpg

Cubing...

rubbed5.jpg

In the pot...

pot.jpg

pot1.jpg

And in the bowl with cheddar, Monteray Jack, Sour Cream and Green Onions...

bowl2-1.jpg

bowl1-1.jpg

bowl-1.jpg

Like I said. This chit was farking good. If you haven't tried Big Ron's chili mix, you need to.

Start out with the base veggies. Only did 2 potatoes which was more than enough for my g/f and I. I also only used 1/4 of a pepper and onion (again, not being a real big fan of either)
PA244558.jpg

Then moved to the frieds, and sprinkled the seasoning on top before throwing in the oven.
PA244559.jpg

Once I cooked the bacon. I tore it up, and cut a few slices of Pepper Jack cheese (gives it a better spice flavor) and placed it all on the inside. Then took the half above it and pressed them together.
PA244560.jpg

I would have taken a cooking pic, but it gets a little too dark, too early for all that now. So here's the Slice of Life pic of the full plate.
PA244561.jpg

I promise you, this taste A MILLION time BETTER than it looks. (The money shot)
PA244565.jpg

Looks farkin awesome! Was there a hamburger joint of inspiration?

Um, Burger King's Bacon Cheeseburger deluxe ...?

You do have to name the fast food item that inspired your entry. Burger King doesn't have a Bacon Cheeseburger deluxe on their menu. Perhaps you meant to say the BK Chef’s Choice Burger?

CD :wink:

Nice looking chili, deguerre. I had never heard of Danver's, but I googled it, and it looks like fast food, to me. Your presentation with the toppings looks just like there's, but I'm sure it tastes much better with that steak in it. :thumb:

CD

Back