"Baked" Potatoes on Bubba

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
I cooked some "baked" Russet potatoes on the Bubba Keg this afternoon along with some steaks and corn. I set the temp at 350 with the diffuser. I washed the Russet potatoes, brushed on some olive oil and sprinkled them with little sea salt. I put them on the Bubba keg (indirect heat) and let them cook for about 1 hour 30 minutes. I also cooked some sweet potatoes that were done in about an hour. The Russet potatoes took about 1 1/2.

I foiled the corn with a little water and let it cook along with the potatoes. It took the corn off in about 45 minutes and it was done. After the potatoes were done, I removed the diffuser, cranked up the temp on Bubba, took the corn out of the foil and cooked it over direct heat to get some grill marks, just before I cooked the steaks at 650 degrees F.

They were very tasty; very tasty. Sorry, no pics.

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm doing baked sweet potatoes next too! Again, thanks for the inspiration!

When I made my corn I soaked them for an hour before I put them on the Keg, that seemed to work too as far as keeping them juicy.

Hey Guys! Just remember PIC's aren't everything. We can READ you know! This seems like a good technique!

Cheers!

Bill

Sounds like a great meal. I keep forgetting about sweet potatoes.

Back