Could Be A Sin

No sin in that, I have used mine more than once for a grill, just be sure to leave the lid on. They are gonna be great.

Not that I'm an expert on sin, but I was once an Altar Boy at St. Patricks Catholic Church.

But back to grillin' on the drum, what temp you at? I added some lump and briqs to an already burnt down basket of coals and came back @ 30 minutes later to find the thermometer pegged at over 550* and the High temp paint burning off the bottom. That kind of grillin???

Not that I'm an expert on sin, but I was once an Altar Boy at St. Patricks Catholic Church.

But back to grillin' on the drum, what temp you at? I added some lump and briqs to an already burnt down basket of coals and came back @ 30 minutes later to find the thermometer pegged at over 550* and the High temp paint burning off the bottom. That kind of grillin???

Did you have the lid off?

Well of course, and all 3 vents open! I had just done a 15 hour overnighter and still had chicken and ribs to cook!

Holy carp, there goes my new paint job.......

Were you expecting the fire to be dead or just forgot about it??

Don't leave the lid off until the coals are dead cold. I have had mine come to life after 24 hours.

They came out pretty good, sorry no Pic's. Next time I will add a little more fire, I only have one grill grate and it was a bit far from the flame.

Tried RO Real Wood Charcoal, first time, not sure I care for it. It looks like pieces of 1x4's.

Back