BUT... is there time!?

NC-Q

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
SO it's about 10:30 or so, and I am looking in my fridge and there's a 2.5 pound brisket flat staring me down. Ya'll think I could get this bad boy done on my UDS and ready for a rest by 7:30? Consider I have not yet started a fire or prepped the meat or anything.

Who likes to live dangerously? (also I've never cooked a small flat without the point either...)

I'm not really married to the idea of brisket, I am just at home by myself all day for the next couple of weeks studying for my board exams, so I'm pretty bored... :loco:

2.5 #?

I'd say yup. My last flat was 6#, started at 8:30 and and pulled at 2:15 to rest. That about 6 hours at 250*.

Have fun.

Thanks for the vote of confidence- I just felt like throwing this out there, because it seems like every time I wonder "is there time to finish this" I always end up having to crank up the fire and rushing the end of the cook, then not having enough time for it to rest- D'OH. I'm sure you know what I mean...

It can definitely get done. Crank it up to 300 if its not moving quick enough.

Thanks, got the fire started, I'll post some PRON as this progresses!

With it being that small, I'd consider braising it versus a traditional smoke. But you'll be more than fine getting it done in time either way.

this sounds like last weekend for me. Staring at a 7# pork shoulder at 10:30am thinking, hmm "kinda cutting it close, ahh fark it lets do this"

You can do that easily. Quit farking around on the computer and burn some meat, man! :laugh:

With it being that small, I'd consider braising it versus a traditional smoke. But you'll be more than fine getting it done in time either way.

I've never done one that small (that's what she said:tsk:) but I'd definitely foil it with the liquid of your choice.

Back