Meeting Tuffy Stone

Bbqin fool

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Went to the BBQ Jamboree in Fredericksburg, VA yesterday. Met up with our own Boshizzle who took 4th overall, 1st in ribs and 2nd in chicken!:clap: Great job Joe!:clap2: Also, we got to meet Tuffy Stone. My kids watch BBQ Pitmasters with me all the time and were absolutely floored that they could meet him. When I say he's a nice guy, that's an understatement. He was completely enamored by my 2 1/2 year old daughter and my 8 year old daughter was star struck lol. He let us try his brisket which I was not expecting at all. My kids could not get over the experience.:becky::thumb:

P5053540.JPG

P5053556.jpg

P5053582.jpg

P5053588.JPG

P5053594.JPG

P5053601.jpg

P5053607.JPG

P5053613.JPG

P5053618.JPG

Very appreciative that he treated my family so well when he didn't have to do anything.

I met him at Smoke on the Water in Thomaston, GA. He was talking with Myron Mixon, and Myron introduced him to me! They are both super guys! Tuffy seems a bit shy, even. But he wasn't wearing a hat, and I didn't recognize him without it! :oops:

I have had the pleasure to meet and compete against Tuffy several times over the last few years. There is not a friendlier person on the competition circuit as far as I am concerned. At every contest I've been at where Tuffy cooks, he always takes the time on the morning of turn ins to walk from site to site and wish the competitors good luck. He is a real class act.

He also walked from site to site at this comp and wished us luck. Could not have been nicer and seemed willing to chat anyone who stopped by.

Great seeing you and meeting your family, Vernon!

Tuffy came by to congratulate me and my team after awards. We took 2nd place chicken, 1st place ribs, and 4th overall. Tuffy came in 5th overall.

He is a great guy. Our cook site was right beside his and it was a lot of fun teasing him telling him that we better not catch him trying to shig us. :laugh:

picture.php

Back