• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Premonitions (pron)

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Gentlemen of Smoke -

I was at work on Friday, you know, the daily grind, minding my own business (well, minding others' business, I'm in sales) and I had a BBQ Premonition.

\\I define this phenomenon of that moment when you are doing something other than cooking and you almost fall into a "day-dream vignette" of a dish and/or experience in which you would like to take part.\\

Instead of writing this idea down, I simply committed it to memory for fear it that writing too early would somehow lessen the adventure.

I started with selecting a very nice, small top sirloin roast. I rubbed it down with a mix of mustard and worcestershire and applied Bovine Bold in a generous manner. I food saved the bejeezus out of it and let it marinate overnight in the ole fridge.

Saturday proved itself to be a day of working on my screened in porch that I built with my father-in-law last fall. The day consisted of wiring and setting up the new sound system.

I put the roast in the BGE XL with a little oak at about 10am. Left'er on until it hit about 130 dead center (fastest orange Thermapen, obviously, wouldn't have wanted to wait 3.4 seconds for a slower red one) and pulled it to rest.

WHILE it was resting, I saute'd some chopped sweet onions and green peppers with butter, fresh garlic, a little more rub and worcestershire until carmelization(not a real word) took place.

I then shaved down the sirloin in very thin pieces and proceeded to stuff a whole grain pita pocket with the meat, onion and pepper combo and finely shredded Beecher's cheese which I took home from my recent trip to Seattle (HIGHLY recommended cheese). I threw this mixture back on the cooling BGE (still at 300) while I wHipped (H exaggerated) up a sauce with the leftover beef juice, a little mayo and a little more worcestershire. Pulled the pita pocket of angelic delight after 10 minutes and drizzled the just warmed sauce.

:shocked:

Please do this. It will make your life better.

Attachments

• pita pocket.jpg
    pita pocket.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 110
Back