View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
forgiven
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Meatloaf success!

On recommendation of a friend I chose meatloaf as my second smoking attempt on my UDS. The first attempt was chicken which turned out far better than I expected so I had my hopes up for the meatloaf. After reading many meatloaf stories on this forum I decided to use our regular meatloaf receipe, and since I was going to have the drum going I decided it didn't make sense to do just one so I made three. I put them on a broiler pan so they didn't sit in grease as they cooked. They smoked for 3 hours and 15 min. at a temp. of 250. A half hour before I pulled them I put ketchup on two of them and Sweet Baby Ray's on one of them. They turned out fantastic! My wife prefered the one covered with ketchup and I prefered the one with BBQ sauce. As so many of you have said, we will never cook another meatloaf in the oven again. Thanks to all of you who have posted your meatloaf attempts, because of you we had MEATLOAF SUCCESS!