View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #11
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

This was an awesome time. Moms getting up in the years at 94 and all those years are now starting to take its toll. I havent had a chance to visit so I came down solo for a week. Dealing with her and her sisters, all 85 and up allowed limited time and stinger was real patient in my inability to nail down some free time. In the small world we live in, we found he lives in the same neighborhood as my cousin(about a 5 minute walk) and only 8 miles from Mom. He dropped off a UDS for us to use on saturday night and then we had a BBQ feast with my mom, her sister and our family on Sunday. Stinger and his awesome wife joined us for a great(and special) day for the moms. The oldies loved the BBQ and even though the ribs were stubborn and tightened up waiting to be eaten, none of them came back with a set of dentures on them as expected.

marty, thanks for helping to show my mom who The Brethren are, and also a big thanks to the others who offered up time or equipment.. We had a really full week running to drs and apppointments and it was difficult to catch a break.

marty, your patience was appreciated and all you offered.. THANK YOU! Mom was asking for leftovers today.. but we forgot the doggie bag at my cousins house.

heres Stingerhook, Mom, and Aunt Lilly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stinger.jpg (117.2 KB, 504 views)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->