Thermapen Question

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm getting a thermapen for Christmas.
Black with Flame as it has to be the fastest -- it's got a flame.

But, do I want either the boot, the magnetic boot, or the zipper wallet?

I'm leaning towards the magnetic boot.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

I got the regular boot and think it was definitely a good idea. Helps to keep it clean and make it even more durable. I thought about getting the magnet one, but have never really needed it. But if you want to stick it to something metal you may need it. Just depends on how you will use it.

I have the regular boot because I was afraid some idiot would stick the magnetic one on the cooker when I wasn't looking.

I also use the zippered case for storage and travel with the boot in place.

If no one else will be near your cooker then go for the magnetic boot if that what you want.

Last edited:
I've been happy with the zippered case, but I only use it for storage. I don't think I'd use either of the boots myself.

You are right. The black one with the flames is the fastest of all Thermapens. I don't even use a case accessory for mine. I just keep it in the drawer with the rest of my stuff.

I got the boot to protect it in the event I drop it. I store it in the leather wallet.

magnetic boot is awesome. especially for comps, i stick to a leg of our ez-up and it's easy to fine (glows). Only problem is you won't see those flames, it's translucent.

I use the zipper pouch for traveling and then place it in the hip holster. I'm not trusting enough to stick to something and walk away.

Back