pecorino with crispy sage pie. ricotta pie

Zippylip

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
pecorino and crispy sage pie. This was a 24 hour cold rise dough (was supposed to be 4 day but forgot to get it going this week :doh:) with mozzarella and grated pecorino. Next, add thinly sliced pecorino for a different texture & more flavor along with olive oil soaked fresh sage leaves & black pepper:

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

about 6 minutes later at 650

020.jpg

022.jpg

035.jpg

next up, ricotta pie. Drain 15oz of whole milk ricotta & mix in a healthy dose of pecorino, brush the dough with olive oil, then spread the cheese on & to the cooker:

011.jpg

016.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

039.jpg

Have a great weekend all, Marc

thanks Gore, it was unbelievably tasty. The large sections of pecorino are really concentrated & the sage almost fries in the olive oil so it gets crispy, the two together are just outstanding

Both the pies look great. Have you tried the ricotta pie as a dessert with strawberries and honey ?

This is so weird...I found the duplicate of this post on another forum I stumbled upon yesterday and actually copied it because it looked SO good, and then it turns up here...

That sage pizza looks divine and I'm going to do this next time I fire up my FrankenWeber Pizza kettle.

Thanks for the inspiration and sharing this here!

Wow, never seen that before. Very rustic looking... in a really good way!

Dang! That really looks great - I love white pie. Did the shorter time for rising have any effect on the crust? Doesn't look like there's any problem at all.:thumb:

This is so weird...I found the duplicate of this post on another forum I stumbled upon yesterday and actually copied it because it looked SO good, and then it turns up here...

That sage pizza looks divine and I'm going to do this next time I fire up my FrankenWeber Pizza kettle.

Thanks for the inspiration and sharing this here!

Moose, I've been a member at the egghead forum for quite some time, only found the Brethren more recently. Anyone that appreciates cooking outdoors over charcoal is where I like to be. The posts here tend to be somewhat shorter as it is more difficult to get the pictures on here. Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed the post, do give it a try, you won't be disappointed, Marc

Dang! That really looks great - I love white pie. Did the shorter time for rising have any effect on the crust? Doesn't look like there's any problem at all.:thumb:

gtr, the shorter time does have some effect. In this case it hadn't risen quite as much as it would've (I actually popped it in the oven on warm, about 100 degrees for about 30 minutes to get it moving). Otherwise, it worked just fine, came out tasty with nice air & good color, we were happy with the results

Back