How do you store your wood?

Fireburd

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cough cough.......Is it better to keep your wood chunks in a air tight container or something that has some air circulation?

I got an old chlorine bucket with a screw on lid from the pool guy and drilled a few holes around the rim...it's rain proof but still breathes. BTW, I cleaned the chlorine out very good...

I store seasoned dried wood in a 55 gallon drum with a clamp banded lid. I was going to use the drum for a second UDS, but changed my mind. The trouble and time spent removing the phenolic lining wasn't worth it to me. I have also been known to use one of these for the smaller chunks:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Buddeez-Inc-CHARCOAL-DISPENSER-Misc/dp/B002HO27WQ"]Amazon.com: CHARCOAL DISPENSER [Misc.]: Home & Kitchen[/ame]
Good luck,

Breath-ability is key. For the Lang it is a wood pile on skids and under a loose fitting tarp. For the charcoal cookers, the chunks live in milk crates on a shelf. Out of the weather of course.

Milk or soda crates-

spring10.jpg

OK, I'm spoiled but I buy kiln dried hickory from a local suplier and store it on a pallet in my pole barn along with my round roles of cow hay. Great wood, plenty of circulation, no rain.

I store mine on my back porch underneath the lean-to roof. Humidity has never been a problem with the wood and I live in Alabama.

Keep a couple cords under the overhang on the back of the shop. Nice and dry and out of the weather.

on the ground and on pallets..a number of places give pallets away,just check CL
bottom pic is an 8 ft pallet..nice and heavy
20121110_165826.jpg

20130202_155907_zps5bda3892.jpg

I take cardboard boxes from work that are gonna be thrown out and use them. Just cut a few holes in the side and leave the top open. I fill them and then store in a ventilated but dry place. For me, that's the backyard shed. It isn't air tight and breathes well but keeps the rain out.

on the ground and on pallets..a number of places give pallets away,just check CL
bottom pic is an 8 ft pallet..nice and heavy
20121110_165826.jpg

20130202_155907_zps5bda3892.jpg

Nice x27! I have some FAD and a lot of CAD myself haha

Asus Transformer Tablet. TapatalkHD

Back