Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Dana Point BBQ Championship 9/24

Ryan Chester

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Looking forward to competing in Dana Point this weekend. If your rollin, swing by and have a beer with The Rub Co.:thumb:

Here is the last team list I saw.

Big Poppa Smokers
Chef Gregory's
Knock UR Sox Off BBQ
Left Coast Q
Rooftop Barbeque
Tropical Heat
When Pigs Fly BBQ
Woodhouse Barbecue
ABS QUE
AKME Smokers
All Hogs go to Heaven
All Sauced Up Team
Big Aces BBQ
Bubbas Smokeyard BBQ
Butchers Daughter BBQ
Chillin N Grillin BBQ Team
Daddy O's Smokin BBQ
Four Q
Funtime BBQ
High Gravity Que
Hoghound
Huminies Hogalicious BBQ
Inhale BBQ
Karnivorous
Mad Dawgz BBQ
Master of Disaster
Meat Inc.
Otis and the Bird
Pig in the Pit
Qued UP
Rick’s BBQ & Catering
Rusty Barrel BBQ
Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ
Smokaholics
Smokey Bones BBQ
Stealth BBQ
T & J Backyard BBQ
The Ace Tomato Company
The Pit Crew BBQ
The Rub Compnay
Tony's BBQ
Tops BBQ
Up In Smoke BBQ
Whos Smokin Now
Wild Wileys Smokin Hot BBQ
Woodys Bar-B-Que
Rhythm 'N Que
West's Best BBQ
Big Daddy's Q n Crew

Solid field!

Can't wait to see the BBQ family, Mesquite seems so long ago...

Super solid! Going to have to cook your ass off to win this one!

I was just thinking the same thing!..hell just look at the 2 posters above you..going to the Jack!..but as we all know it's tough everytime.

I plan to pack "it" in my trailer this week and then drag "it" down I-5 Thursday/Friday so that I can bring "it" to Dana Point this weekend! :becky:

But ya, things are real tough this time of year...everyone has their game stepped up and one little miss step could cost you everything!

Good luck to all and let's have some fun!

Sorry to miss you this weekend Steph!!!

Jaybird on the list? Thought he was retiring?

Only "semi" retired...thank goodness!

Jaybird has been one of the most influential people I have ever known in competition barbeque and his team, Otis & The Bird, has long set a very high standard for excellence.

Trying to beat Jay at a contest can make you feel very much like a greyhound trying to catch the mechanical rabbit at the dog track: no matter how fast you run, he always stays just ahead of you!

Haven't had the pleasure of competing against Otis & The Bird yet, but certainly know of them. One of the biggest thrills for me this year as a rookie has been getting the honor to compete in the same contest as teams I have come to look up to and respect. I have gotten my butt handed to me a few times and actually finished ahead of some of them from time to time, but the experience is always fun and rewarding.

I am looking forward to getting the chance to compete against more next year and beyond!

If we weren't getting ready for the Royal this week this would be the contest on the top of our list. It is just short walk from the beach, on all grass I think and our old home turf.

Save us a spot next year because this place is home to us and would love for all of our Calif friends to come to this. Plus there are a lot of great Calif teams there that we love to catch up with.

Good luck to you all and a special hello to The Left Coast boyz!:thumb:

Rod

R&R BBQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Meat, Inc. is IN! Hopefully there won't be any statues / works or art :tsk:.

Back