Smoking Spiral Cut Ham

So I must say the ham was fantastic, I started with a 9lb spiral cut with natural juices from Walmart...Sam's Club brand. I fired up the WSM with 2 smaller sized chunks of pecan wood and brought her up to temp @225F. The ham was sitting in a foil pan cut side down with 1 can of crushed pineapple surrounding it. I let it go for about 2hrs with the temperature never reaching above 230F, pulled when the internal was about 120F. The last half hour the ham was basted every 10 minutes with a maple syrup, all spice, dijon, fresh cracked pepper, and bourbon (JD) glaze mixture that was simmered on the stove for about 10 minutes until all was thoroughly blended. The ham was sweet yet the slight wee bit of bite from the Jack Daniels could be tasted, not overpowering though. This folks was a moist ham and anyone who would say that spiral cuts dry out is obviously doing something terrribly wrong because I will not go back. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction and I was never so happy to be wrong concerning my wife's suggestion again. Sorry about the lack of quality photos but it was dynamite!

Attachments

• H4.jpg
    H4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 65
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 65
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 65
  • H1.jpg
    H1.jpg