Breaking in a new member of the team with Carne Crosta Ribeyes

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Been wanting a cast iron Lodge Sportsman Grill for a while for when I need to sear a couple burgers or steaks for the wife and I. My first recollection of outdoor cooking was on one (before Lodge made them) when I was 5 years old at fish camp just east of Cherry Point MCAS on the Neuse River. I found this one on clearance (open box) at Bass Pro and decided to break it in with a few ribeyes.

Just set it up using my 26.75 OTG as a stand until I can fab a proper stand and cover.

2015-12-13%2017.34.35_zpsxjza90xa.jpg

2015-12-13%2017.25.36_zps5zeclybt.jpg

At the last minute my wife's girlfriend asked us to throw one on for her. Our are seasoned with the new Oakridge Carne Crosta steakhouse rub, hers is just SPOG (no adventure in this girl, she likes her steaks well done too :tsk:).

2015-12-13%2018.26.28_zpsikscdwuj.jpg

2015-12-13%2018.36.50_zpsd6gioabc.jpg

Turned out a nice little Sunday dinner.

2015-12-13%2018.47.28_zpsztbqtu2h.jpg

If y'all have not tried the Oakridge Carne Crosta steakhouse rub you really need to get yourself some, you won't be disappointed :thumb:.

Thanks for lookin.

Looks great Dave, and that's a cool little grill! I'm pretty amped, I've got 1# of Carne Crosta being delivered today, and I normally don't buy ready made rubs. The pr0n I've been seeing on here lately with it was more than I could bear!

Looks great Dave, and that's a cool little grill! I'm pretty amped, I've got 1# of Carne Crosta being delivered today, and I normally don't buy ready made rubs. The pr0n I've been seeing on here lately with it was more than I could bear!

Like I said, you will not be disappointed; I've pretty much quit making my own rubs and seasonings. Between Oakridge, Tony Cachere's, Big Ron's and good old S&P I've got all I need:becky:

Back