Couple pizza's

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Couple pizza's off the Blackstone. This weren't my best looking pies but may have been my best tasting. This oven has made my pizza better.

I read the newer oven has a 5 psi regulator instead of a 10 psi. Not sure if that will make a big difference as I never turn the regulator full anyways.

Last edited:
jsperk -

question...

with the way the Blackstone is designed, do you think the overbrowning of the cheese is a factor of ?

a) you're preference ?
b) leaving in too long ?
c) doming ?
d) type of cheese ?
e) ratio of topping to dough ?

jsperk -

question...

with the way the Blackstone is designed, do you think the overbrowning of the cheese is a factor of ?

a) you're preference ?
b) leaving in too long ?
c) doming ?
d) type of cheese ?
e) ratio of topping to dough ?

The taste is great even with the browning but I would like to lessen it just for look factor. I guess it shouldn't matter as my wife and son thought these were the best tasting ones yet.

I'm thinking type of cheese. I see on the pizza forum other people's aren't getting the browning like I am. I do use a good amount of cheese.

Its brown without doming.

I asked about it on the pizza forum under there Blackstone thread.

Great looking pies. I just made some pizza dough about an hour ago for Sunday dinner.

I want the Blackstone also. Decided to use the Cabelas credit card again to get the points. I'm a couple months away from getting the Blackstone at a great discount thanks to Cabelas.

Jerry

Great looking pies. I just made some pizza dough about an hour ago for Sunday dinner.

I want the Blackstone also. Decided to use the Cabelas credit card again to get the points. I'm a couple months away from getting the Blackstone at a great discount thanks to Cabelas.

Jerry
I did read Blackstone will be having a black Friday sale.

One thing I did notice which I am going to look at today, is the metal that you set the heat deflector on turns cherry red when cooking. Mine looked warped last night while cooking. I am worried about that piece over the long haul.

I also have whole extra body unit which I am hoping to fix for a backup unit. The first one I got I think the holes don't line up and the platter don't turn. If I can make that work that will be nice. They didn't want the unit back.

Back