Need Bovine Bold Ideas

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Andy and I are doing product demos at Smoke N Fire next Saturday, May 16 in Overland Park, KS. We'll be giving out food samples cooked with Yardbird and Bovine Bold. We'll do pork tenderloin and wings with Yardbird. What should we do with Bovine Bold?

Keep in mind that I have to pay for everything. Right now, I'm thinking meatballs in order to promote Bovine Bold as a burger seasoning in addition to brisket, short ribs, etc.

Meatballs are great! Here's one that might sound strange but I like it: Maple Favored Thick Sliced Bacon :eek:. Easy to do, just set out two skillets, one with plain bacon & one with the Bold. Serve small pieces of each - watch the reaction :biggrin:.

Todd--
Just looking at your last sentence---do some Brisket Burgers, Brisket Sliders, or Brisket ?????.
Your Bovine is kickass on brisket, so maybe capatilize on it!

Good luck any way you go.

TIM

Todd, how about cubing up a whole brisket and make like a variety of burnt ends with the Bovine Bold. Good idea on the meatball as well. Good luck brother.

When you say meatballs do you mean small, homeade, hand rolled meat balls or out of the bag frozen meatballs? If you mean the first, I'd say it's a great idea. Hamburger (85%) is probably around $2.50/# and you could make quite a few without breaking the bank. If you bought the meat in 10# tubes, you could certainly do better on the price.

Other thoughts might be some tenderized round steak, but it has the potential to get chewy. Top sirloin is a little more expensive, but still a nice cut of meat for a reasonable price. They cook them all the time at one of the local supermarkets. You might also consider a beef roast (not a chuck roast) to slice and then sprinkle the rub on as it is served.

Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.

Another thought. Have you ever thought or tried the Bovine Bold mixed in with some cream cheese, onion and jalapeno peppers? It might have an interesting flavor and you might be able to work another sales angle.

I think we'll do some brisket chunks and meatballs. Maybe Moink Balls and just season the meatballs before bacon wrapping... or before AND after.

When you say meatballs do you mean small, homeade, hand rolled meat balls or out of the bag frozen meatballs? If you mean the first, I'd say it's a great idea. Hamburger (85%) is probably around $2.50/# and you could make quite a few without breaking the bank. If you bought the meat in 10# tubes, you could certainly do better on the price.

Other thoughts might be some tenderized round steak, but it has the potential to get chewy. Top sirloin is a little more expensive, but still a nice cut of meat for a reasonable price. They cook them all the time at one of the local supermarkets. You might also consider a beef roast (not a chuck roast) to slice and then sprinkle the rub on as it is served.

Another thought. Have you ever thought or tried the Bovine Bold mixed in with some cream cheese, onion and jalapeno peppers? It might have an interesting flavor and you might be able to work another sales angle.

Hmmmm... the "dip" angle sounds interesting. Thanks for the idea!!!

I'd hit that:-D

Not that I have tried to do this yet, but what about some small sirloin kabobs with one piece of meat each with green pepper, onion and one grape tomato?

Yep, either meat balls or MOINK balls is a good idea. Sliders is another. Is Smoke-N-Fire going to start carrying your rubs?

I think we'll do some brisket chunks and meatballs. Maybe Moink Balls and just season the meatballs before bacon wrapping... or before AND after.

I wouldn't do MOINKballs as they would be the standout. Meaning when people talk about what they've had, they would say, "We had Meatballs wrapped in bacon with some kinda rub on it, I don't know."

I've shaken what was left of one of my 4 shakers trying to come up with something interesting and cheap.

I was thinking of a beef sausage, sprinkled with the rub, or somehow incorporating it into a chili somehow.

It's all about your product, make that be the standout.

I've shaken what was left of one of my 4 shakers trying to come up with something interesting and cheap..

That's why you should but it in bulk.:biggrin: 5lbs seems like a lot, but not in the scheme of things.

Mini steak skewers? Could stretch the meat with a vegtable.

I also haved used as a type of compound butter with the BB mixed in and then with top on steaks when resting. You could do that with a Tri-Tip, or Flat Iron if you can get them cheap enough. That would also give you some quick grilling options and have all the bases covered.

That's why you should but it in bulk.:biggrin: 5lbs seems like a lot, but not in the scheme of things.

You are right, thats why I have 2 shakers and 1 - 5 lb bad of the yardbird around here. I use less of the Bovine here because with beef simple is the best. I have enough on hand for extra flavor sometimes or when I like the bold I'm going for it.

My other idea was getting a case of points... and doing a bunch of burnt ends.
or some kabobs using round steak...

Andy, I like the burnt ends idea as you can showcase the rub. It is a great rub and KISS to show off you products. Our first walk on brisket was at Rock n Ribs and was the first time we used your Bovine Bold. Appreciate you guys.

I'd grill up Tri-Tips or better yet Flat iron Steaks and serve thinly sliced!

Back