• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Smoke with pron

R

Roo-B-Q'N

The bride and I wanted to get another cook in on the Spicewine before our first contest next weekend. Our first cook we found out the door thermometer was well over 30 degrees off and we were cooking way hotter than we had thought. Cooked a 11 # brisket in 4 hours. Got the themometer adjusted and set off to try again today. Did some Spam and Spam candy

DSCF0052Smallc.jpg

Will have to take the Spam loaf and fry it and add some cheese, texture was just bit off.
DSCF0054Smalle.jpg

Put some chicken on the top rack along with the spam, I fought the temps up and down and the wings came off an hour early . . .

DSCF0050Smalla.jpg

They were way over done after 2 hours.

DSCF0055Smallf.jpg

But will hopefully redeem myself with the chuckies. They are still.

DSCF0051Smallb.jpg

So more practice is needed. temps have finally settled down after I read a few threads concerning the fire management on the spice and it is chugging away nicely.

Those wings look nasty! :wink::lol:
Just box them puppies up and ship them to Ohio and I
will dispose of them for you.:lol:

Looking good so far.
Like you said, practice, practice, practice.

How do you have the foil suspended over the water pan?

I'm pondering how to make it easier to clean up by making something
removeable to catch all the grease and gunk.

Are you using water or anything else in the pan? GURU?
Charcoal basket?

If that's practice I can't wait for the good stuff.

Those wings look nasty! :wink::lol:
Just box them puppies up and ship them to Ohio and I
will dispose of them for you.:lol:

Looking good so far.
Like you said, practice, practice, practice.

How do you have the foil suspended over the water pan?

I'm pondering how to make it easier to clean up by making something
removeable to catch all the grease and gunk.

Are you using water or anything else in the pan? GURU?
Charcoal basket?

Spice turn your head as I explain the water pan. Ok I just simply run hd foil front to back across the entire firepan. Takes three sheets of the wide stuff. When done and cool I simply remove and take paper towels and wipe out what has gotten under the foil. I am thinking about putting disposable pans down there to help. Cooking 2 cases of butts this week and that will produce more grease than 4 chuckies and some wings.

No water, no guru, no charcoal basket.

Ackk wheres the green smoker :p

Great looking food.

Just pretend it is sun glare and you will be ok :wink:

Thanks for the kudos.

I see the microwave performed up to its standards :rolleyes: Those wings looks awesome to me! How'd them chuckies turn out?

I see the microwave performed up to its standards :rolleyes: Those wings looks awesome to me! How'd them chuckies turn out?

I am thinking the very top of the cooker is going to be ALOT warmer than the bottom. Food will go down a rack for sure. Chicken was darker than the picture showed and was somewhat dry.

As to the chuckies, they hit 195-200* in about 7 hours. They were nice and tender and very flavorfull.

What he fails to mention Pat is that the 7 hours was over at 10:30 last night....ooops....I got one small piece before heading to bed. But Chuckie Tacos for Cinco de Mayo. Cant wait.

I had a feeling it was gonna be a late one! Chuckie tacos and Cinco de Mayo....what a combo!

Looks good Tom. I kinda liked the microwave.

What is my phone broke or something. LOL

I like spam!!!!!!!

Back