• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Judge and Critique this box

dont see anything wrong. the color is very nice.. the way to chicken is layed into the box is nice. it is very symetrical and they are pretty much exact replicas of each other..

the box is clean.. i think a 9 would be a proper score.

i agree the box looks very nice I'd give it a 9 as well

(7) meat needs to be trimmed better and sauce is a little uneven

I think that box is an 8 or 9.

But since I'm a new judge I'd just probably give it a 3. :biggrin:

8. It could be the picture but something about the top 2 pieces gives me the impressing that they aren't cooked all the way. No visible carmelization, I guess.

I would go 8 on that box it looks good. The only thing that is missing for me to give it a 9 is more color on the chicken but that could be the picture they look a little pale to me. I also am not a fan of the parsley between the pieces but I will not grade down for that unless it is completely distracting and hiding the meat which yours isn't.

I would give it a 7. Chix skin needs to be trimmed a little better. And stretched tighter.

thanks everyone, I didn't want to get crazy with the trimming, but that is good info to know, I am a machine with a knife:)!

The box looks great. I would score it a 9.

Its nice to see good, old fashioned lettuce in the box. Seems like lately, everyone is doing the parsley boxes. And the bunches of parsley placed in between look very nice.

I give it an 8. the thigh in the middle, on the left side looks to have issues with the skin (looks rubbery). otherwise it would have been a 9 from me.

The color needs to be just a touch darker also. IMHO

I want joking when I said 7 and if you average the numbers it is 7. Needs work, not much work but it does.

Back