Spinoff: How many of you regularly fill out the KCBS evaluation/comment forms at a comp?

Alexa RnQ

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
the Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoe
Do you provide feedback regularly?

When you see anomalies in repping or judging, do you send in the comment form? Do you contact a board member?

I just learned this year that the form is also for organizational issues -- that KCBS actually keeps them on file, and when a contest comes up for sanctioning the next year the forms are pulled and the organizer asked, "How are you going to address this issue this time around?" I had no idea.

I know, it's just one more damn thing to do. And I'm as big a slackass as any. But it is the one little way I can provide some input, and do my part to shape the organization that shapes my hobby.

I always intend to fill them out, but so far I haven't :redface:

I'll try to do better.

If there's a 'problem' we do. Other than that, no. One thing that DOES irritate me is the reps are required to give a critique to each team at every contest....how much of that paper is just thrown away?

One thing that DOES irritate me is the reps are required to give a critique to each team at every contest....how much of that paper is just thrown away?

Steph - Not sure I understand or am aware of this.. can you please clarify what the critque is and what format is this communicated ?

If there's a 'problem' we do. Other than that, no. One thing that DOES irritate me is the reps are required to give a critique to each team at every contest....how much of that paper is just thrown away?

I try to look at it in a postive way, instead of throwing it away perhaps some teams are lighting their charcoal with it. :-D:-D

We try to fill it out every time. The better the comunication the better the contest.

Steph - Not sure I understand or am aware of this.. can you please clarify what the critque is and what format is this communicated ?

Sure. It's an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet that asks questions that pertain to the contest and touches on the reps, grounds, organizer...the event as a whole. It's to be filled out and mailed in to the KCBS office. The reps usually hand it out to you when you turn in a category or they give it to you when they greet each team. Sometimes its in the contestant goodie bag. The way they hand it out varies.

It kind of depends on where it ends up in the truck... Front seat or dash, yep, it gets filled out... Far back where it'll be found when cats and dogs get along... not so often....

Sure. It's an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet that asks questions that pertain to the contest and touches on the reps, grounds, organizer...the event as a whole. It's to be filled out and mailed in to the KCBS office. The reps usually hand it out to you when you turn in a category or they give it to you when they greet each team. Sometimes its in the contestant goodie bag. The way they hand it out varies.

Oh... I misread your original post..the regular form. From my experience, I've seen it given out about 50% of the time over the past few years.

I thought there was some type of critque that the organizers needed to submit that evaluated the teams... that would have been news to me !!

Back