Midnight Madness

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm up late tonight babysitting a product launch at work and I'm going out of town tomorrow so I had to use up some chicken thighs that I had in the fridge.

Really simple cook, seasoned with some Messy Mouth rub, onto the Traeger at 325 (cause that's where the dial landed when I turned it on) and smoked with some pecan & cherry for about an hour. Glazed with a honey, siracha & garlic jelly, let the glaze set and pulled em off.

Tasty lookin bird there. Has anyone tried to vacuum seal these for another day? I did. Two months in freezer, came out tender and juicy.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, just a comment to share.

Fantastic thighs... I wish there was a traeger where I work, but if they had one, all they would smoke would be veggies and tofurkey :sad:

Tasty lookin bird there. Has anyone tried to vacuum seal these for another day? I did. Two months in freezer, came out tender and juicy.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, just a comment to share.

I haven't done bone in thighs, but I bought a family sized chicken thigh fajita pack from HEB and cooked it all at one time. We ate that night and had a little leftovers, but I took 3 or 4 of the whole thighs and sealed them. About a week later, I pulled a couple out, heated them up and they made great chicken sandwiches. Added Monteray Jack cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato...

Fantastic thighs... I wish there was a traeger where I work, but if they had one, all they would smoke would be veggies and tofurkey :sad:

No Trager at work, I was on a conference call at home thankfully. A good chunk of my team has now been in the actual office for over 24-hours straight. I was lucky enough to get about 5 hours sleep before heading back in.

Looks tasty. Although, if you cooked them like a brisket on a UDS, they might come out a little better :thumb:

Back