Super Bowl Wings (need help)

bobthetomato

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
When I have made wings in the past I normally smoke them for 2 hours or so at 225. Does anyone have any marinades or rubs that work well for wings?

Thanks

I smoke for 1 hour and then finish the wings in the fryer to crisp them up...

For hot I dust with OakRidge Habenaro Death Dust fright out of the fryer let sit a minute and toss in some sweet baby ray's sweet chili.

Another good one my family likes is to take some Yoshida's (or Teriyaki) glaze, mix with a little pineapple juice and thicken with just a little sugar and toss your ribs in it. The pineapple adds some sweetness while the teriyaki adds salty and savory.

I smoke for 1 hour and then finish the wings in the fryer to crisp them up...

For hot I dust with OakRidge Habenaro Death Dust fright out of the fryer let sit a minute and toss in some sweet baby ray's sweet chili.

Those sound fantastic!

Just did a trial run this weekend. Coat wings with olive oil. Sprinkle very lightly with volcano dust. Sprinkle heavily with plowboys yard bird. Smoke/ grill at 300. I did 20 minutes per side. Then glazes with sweet baby rays and cooked for another 20 min. Came out fantastic.

These are our go-to wing recipe: Spicy Crispy Sriracha Wings:

DSC_1317.jpg

Folks can't get enough of them, and you can crank up the heat as much or as little as you like depending on how much fresh jalapeno you add to the sauce.

Here's the recipe:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134116&highlight=crispy

I'm kind of partial to a recipe I found elsewhere.

Mix 1 portion of Cajun Butter to 2 portions of Franks Hot Wing Sauce (or whatever brand you prefer).

Using the injector that comes with the Cajun Butter, inject every wing until they ooze the goodness.

After injecting, rub some additional sauce over the wings then sprinkle with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.

Throw some hickory into the smoker, bring the chamber up to 300 degrees then put the wings in for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours until they are crispy.

Back