A piece of competition barbecue history for sale

I think it's a lot of bull..... :eek::icon_shy:cool:

Well, there is a page on Ebay and the bidding is open until April 19. Nobody has started with the opening bid of $20K (huh! wonder why?).

According to Ebay - 1st time seller, no history, but PayPal is available.

If it's April Fool joke somebody will be in a world of hurt from Ebay -- hoaxes don't go over well there.

But then, stranger things have happened.

I would personally save my money and buy a jambo from jamie and make my own history :wink: after all it would be like buying a pair of used smelly sneakers worn by some guy named jordan I still can't dunk when I wear them :roll:

I would personally save my money and buy a jambo from jamie and make my own history :wink: after all it would be like buying a pair of used smelly sneakers worn by some guy named jordan I still can't dunk when I wear them :roll:

Good idea...if you can pony up the bucks and don't mind the waiting list. :mrgreen:

For that price you could by two pits from Jamie and still have enough money to buy a FEC-100 from Rod!

Now there is an economic stimulus program at work!

Well, I never say never. If a grilled cheese sandwhich with an image of the Virgin Mary can sell for $28K.....that pit might be a bargain at only $20K. Let the bidding begin.

ML

How much is a Jambo pit anyway? I realize there are probably many options that would change the price but give me a ballpark...

How much is a Jambo pit anyway? I realize there are probably many options that would change the price but give me a ballpark...

The new one's start at $7k... And go up from there...

The new one's start at $7k... And go up from there...

And they do "go up" from there........................

Being a relative newcomer to the BBQ scene, could someone please explain something to me? If the pit was Johnny Triggs, why does it say Lotta Bull instead of Smokin Triggers? Were Mike and Johnny partners at some point, or did Johnny sell the pit to Mike?

Johnny took Mike under his wing and taught him the ropes. Mike got the pit from Johnny. My understanding is they don't talk much anymore. Over what? I don't care, as it doesn't effect me.

Back