Dessert

Eggspert

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We are attending a competition with a dessert category. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with desserts that have done well. I was thinking of some kind of cheesecake or cupcakes. If anyone cares to share a dessert that has done well let me know. Thanks in advance.

Eggspert BBQ
3 Lg BGE
Stoker

cheesecakes always seem to score well, but I've never made them before for a comp. Did make cupcakes a couple weeks back for a s'mores turn in and came in 2nd (losing to a perfect score).

cheesecakes always seem to score well, but I've never made them before for a comp. Did make cupcakes a couple weeks back for a s'mores turn in and came in 2nd (losing to a perfect score).

We made Smores Cheesecake in the same contest and we came in right behind ya'll with third.

Cheesecake ALWAYS scores well if it is cooked right. People love cheesecake.

Neil

We made margarita cupcakes last weekend and came in second to last, so I am a vote against cupcakes right now. The winner was a cheesecake.

it you think comp bbq is sweet...then you really dont want to know what wins in dessert. Chocolate, cheesecake and super over the top sweetness. putting some bourbon in doesn't hurt either. Judges are still just taking 1-2 bites of dessert so you got to really pack the taste into each bite.

They need to rename the Desert category to Cheesecake.

Or make the Catagory "Any Dessert EXCEPT Cheesecake"...that would be fun

Its just like putting greens in boxes. Something better will come along and we will all get on that dessert bandwagon.

Did make cupcakes a couple weeks back for a s'mores turn in and came in 2nd (losing to a perfect score).

Enquiring minds want to know how you did your cupcakes...
(we were going to do them, but couldn't fit them in the damn box!)

cheesecakes score well, but you don't have to do them to win... My fiance has won many dessert categories with tiramisu style desserts

Enquiring minds want to know how you did your cupcakes...
(we were going to do them, but couldn't fit them in the damn box!)

Every contest my wife did deserts, a box wasn't required, just the turn in number. we use a platter to make life easier.

Next, you are going to hear of judges complaining about too many cheesecakes being turned in...

The real winner would be a cheesecake that tastes like pot roast. I think judges would be all over that!

For those that go the cheesecake route, do you make 1 whole cheese cake and put small slices in the box or do you make little, individual tortes or something so that 6 fit in the box?

Thanks,

Eric

Fun to read this, without having read this, I made cheesecake for the Dutch championship this year, made a fifth place, wich I am very happy with, considering that numbers 1 till 4 are proffesional patissiers.

cheesecake, macarons and fruit crumble all from the bbq

jury plate
43256bf8.jpg

blind box
cad3c214.jpg

Cheesecake seems to be what wins, we drew a second with carmel apple pie in a KCBS & first at a local contest. Still pissed about Parfait winning at a contest, if you have a Freezer flaunt it.

Back