View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default New Cooker Cart Build

Well, this is still a work in progress but it's to the point where I can at least show it. The entire album is here so anyone that wants can see the entire build. Please feel free to link back any photos that are of interest or you have questions on.

It all started off as a bored weekend last spring. I had accumulated some square steel and angle. I love using bed rails as angle as it's cheap to find bed rails. Anyway, in my boredom I decided to cut up some metal and threw together a base frame. Then I realized I had no real plan. So, I sketched up some ideas.

One major change form this sketchup drawing is that the top will now be attached to the cart and not the doors. However, I still intend to have it lift up in the same manner.

I used those as a basic plan but most of this build was good ole seat of the pants engineering. I slowly worked through what I wanted and have gotten to the point where the cart will have a "modular" design. In the center, a kettle from a performer will be mounted. On the left will be a full time spot for a UDS or WSM. The right can accomodate another UDS if necessary as well. The left and right door sections are removable to all for removal of the cookers. On top I will get work surfaces that can cover the right and center when the kettle is not in use. I am still debating what I want to do there. It will either be thick cutting board or maybe butcher block. There is still plenty to do including the back, top, large doors on the front and many other things. I just wanted to start a thread so I could update as I went along.

One of the things I am messing with now is how to deal with the Performer kettle lighter and the mod I made to use the small propane bottles. Basically I will need to extend the back around this once I have a plan for the back.

Anyway, thanks for looking. Please feel free to browse the album and let me know if you have any comments or questions on any of the other pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1144957...eat=directlink
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->