Hamburger Meat

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I went to my local Smart & Final today and picked up 5lbs of ground beef. I want to make some really great hamburgers on Saturday. I usually make mine with salt, pepper, and garlic. Anyone care to share their go to mix for hamburgers?

Replace the S and P and garlic (is that powder or fresh) with Montreal Seasoning. I also add fresh minced garlic and onion (scallions are even better), minced jalapenos, and from there I like to add some wooster sauce and some kind of hot sauce. Lastly, some parm cheese. Lots of stuff, and the beef flavor is not as strong with all these things but, makes for a very tasty burger. I like to top em with some bleu or pepper jack cheese and wait for it........................pepperoni slices. Even have a pic of em in my profile. Good stuff!
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but add some breakfast sausage to the ground meat.
picture.php

Finally, the buns, etc.
Ciabiatta(sp), sourdough, or potato rolls rock, and a good quality coarse mustard like, Inglehoffer, and maybe a chipotle mayo, with spinach, not lettuce. Lastly, some roasted green peppers................Well, you asked. Now I'm hungry!

This burger was pretty damn good too......
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82828&highlight=robles

Bob

Last edited:
a littel salt, pepper, and chunk ya a packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix in the meat and mix it up. Gotta have cheese for a burger, use what ya like:p

I went to my local Smart & Final today and picked up 5lbs of ground beef. I want to make some really great hamburgers on Saturday. I usually make mine with salt, pepper, and garlic. Anyone care to share their go to mix for hamburgers?

Ground chuck makes the tastiest burgers (more fat in it). A little salt is all you need.

chop up some bacon, add some finely shredded cheese ( jack and cheddar),add some of your favorite rub, mix well, form into patties and grill.

I've heard that adding Lipton Onion Soup Mix to burger meat is really good, in fact I plan on giving it a try tonight.

Chuck, salt, pepper, cayenne here. That Hidden Valley thing baldbill mentioned struck nerve though.

I ground beef, lamb, or both. Salt, pepper, worcestershire, about a half an onion (diced), a handful of squirts of tapatio, and a hefty dash of bread crumbs are mixed into the ground then formed into patties and left to sit for at least a half hour before cooking. Grill and add cheese, serve on a nice roll.

Example here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1377743&postcount=57

I've heard that adding Lipton Onion Soup Mix to burger meat is really good, in fact I plan on giving it a try tonight.

You will not be disappointed. I've been doing mine like that for several years.Ya might also try the onion and mushroom soup mix.Throw a little Lea & Perrins in as well :thumb:

When my kids were young I used to make them with whatever they wanted on the burger, I put it IN the hamburger!
It made less a mess that way... and a darn good burger I might add!

Thanks everyone! I have some Montreal seasoning already, I'm definitely going to try that. the ranch dressing and onion soup sound great too. I normally just use s&p with garlic powder, they come out great, but I feel that they can taste even better. I'm not sure if it's chuck, I buy it pre-packaged like the picture below. It 73/27 protein fat ratio. Thanks again!!!
b_1214903_9.jpg

Back