Frog legs... Meat or Seafood?

Are frog legs considered meat or seafood?

• meat

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • seafood

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • don't really have a category

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm picking some up this week but depending on what they are depends if i can eat them for lent or not. So are they meat or seafood, I'm reading both!

Anyone have a concrete answer?

I'd say they fall under he same rule as chulicken for the religious purpose.
So you can eat them on Friday during Lent.

This is just my opinion though

Treat it like Chicken for cooking. Google chimp and frog if you have any questions.
Oh i know how i'm cooking it....it will be just how i do chicken for sure.

I just wish i had a concrete answer as to meat or seafood. :noidea:

Amphibian is both surf and turf in my book. If caught/ killed in water it's surf IMO.

Good eats none the less.

I'm picking some up this week but depending on what they are depends if i can eat them for lent or not. So are they meat or seafood, I'm reading both!

Anyone have a concrete answer?

Oh and by the way, I joined the Catholic church 2 years ago but I don't follow lent. I eat meat. My wife won't. She's hardcore.

I work part time in a seafood department at a big box grocery store and for Health Department reasons we have to keep the Frog Legs, which by the way we sell tons of, in a separate area as THEY (Health Department) do not consider them seafood but meat so as not to cross contaminate meat and seafood. Just sayin'

Screw the what if's, go with your conscience. For the record, I voted meat. And BTW, cool question.

In the Catholic church, Frog is not 'meat'. It is safe to eat while abstaining from 'meat'.

In the Catholic church, Frog is not 'meat'. It is safe to eat while abstaining from 'meat'.

This!

It's an amphibian and is good to go for lent. Mammals and birds are a no go, but amphibians, fish and seafood are good to go.

And to answer Fwismoker, no I do not consider a freshwater lake fish seafood. It's gots to swim in the sea if I'm gonna call it seafood.:becky:

Honestly frog legs are frog legs they have their own tste and texture just like its cousin the alligator

Screw the what if's, go with your conscience. For the record, I voted meat. And BTW, cool question.
lol just not often i think about grilling something that isn't pork, beef, poultry or fish. Don't know if i've ever had any frog legs but it's happening soon, I'm excited. :becky:

I work part time in a seafood department at a big box grocery store and for Health Department reasons we have to keep the Frog Legs, which by the way we sell tons of, in a separate area as THEY (Health Department) do not consider them seafood but meat so as not to cross contaminate meat and seafood. Just sayin'

I think you just solved this whole point in question Sir. :thumb:

Back