Jerk Pork: We be jammin'

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I understand that this is a big statement, but this may be the best pork I've ever made or ever had. Then again, maybe it is just something different than the same old pork I've made a thousand times for catering and competition. Either way, my wife and I just licked our plates clean.

The Injection

• 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
  • 1 T Dizzy Pig Jamaican Fire
  • 3 good shots of Pickapeppa Sauce
The Rub

• Dizzy Pig Jamaican Fire - applied liberally
The Wrap

• 1 cup of Apple Cider
  • 1 T Dizzy Pig Jamaican Fire
  • 3 good shots of Pickapeppa Sauce
  • A little somethang-somethang :wink: (aka Secret Ingredient)
  • Topped with brown sugar
Smoked on the Big Green Egg at 300 with apple wood and lump for about 6-7 hours flipping occasionally. Wrapped at 175 so as to have a good crust. Pulled at 190 and set to rest for one hour. The money muscle was mine. :mrgreen:

The Rice

• Bacon rendered with half yellow onion, two cloves garlic, 1/2 habanero pepper (de-seeded and de-viened)
  • Basmati Rice
  • Black Beans

Attachments

• Michael Christian 2008 Christmas card 003 [640x480].JPG
    Michael Christian 2008 Christmas card 003 [640x480].JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Jerk Pork 003 [640x480].JPG
    Jerk Pork 003 [640x480].JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 173
Wow Todd great job that pork and rice looks great awsome job. I will definitaly try that one thats Darryl

Thats some good lookin pork. I'm writing that one down, always looking for something a little different.

Looks and sounds great! What have you got planned for the pineapple slices?

Looks and sounds great! What have you got planned for the pineapple slices?

That was my source for the pineapple juice. Was what I had on hand. This kind of just happened today. Had to cater for 35 and have another cater in three weeks for 77 so I bought a case of pork and am cooking some of it ahead. Set aside a small butt to play with and to have something for lunches this week.

That looks incredible and the rice sounds killer!! I'm always looking for a new way to do rice. How much residule heat does the deveined and deseeded habanero bring to the rice party?

It looks good. Very, very good.

Do we get a clue about the secret ingredient? Maybe you could name it after something...

man..... now that looks good!!! that is great lookin pork. Basmati rice and black beans...

hmm onion, garlic, a little cumin, some oregano, .... and...
man I'm think I have another dish to try after seein' this one!!! I'm feeling some cuban pork coming on!!!

My arteries are clogging right now as I look at that fabulous picture. I normally don't like heat ... but given how that looks, I'd probably eat it anyway. Great, great job!

I'm missing something. Maybe from having too many days off. When you say the wrap. What are you referring to because I see you already have a rub used liberally.

I'm missing something. Maybe from having too many days off. When you say the wrap. What are you referring to because I see you already have a rub used liberally.

Sorry. That is the list of ingredients that are added when I foil the butt.

Wow, this is even better for lunch on day 2. The pork has a great kick. The rice is pretty mild, but the flavors have melded with the rice. I wouldn't change a thing about the pork.

Next time, I'll use a whole habanero to 2 cups uncooked rice along with a jalapeno or two. Great flavor, but very mild. Hab's scare me a bit, especially when I'm making something that my wife will be eating as well.

I've secretly been expanding her heat tolerance by tossing a few red pepper flakes to sauces, ground beef, etc. I add a little more at a time so she doesn't notice. Kind of like placing a frog in boiling water. He jumps out. But turn up the heat gradually overtime and you've got a pot o' frog guts. ..... what were we talking about again?

This sounds REALLY good!:cool: I'm glad this thread is in Q-Talk and not woodpile though.

Back