Finally broke down and got a Performer

ajstrider

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
After wanting, not needing by any means, a Weber Performer Platinum for about two years, I bought one. The thing that pushed me over the edge was the fact I wanted a blue one and they just discontinued it, so I figured I had better get one while I can. I plan to cook my first grilled pizza ever on it later tonight.

Congrats. Performer is a great grill. Post the pics of the pizza.

Here are some assembled and seasoning photos. I used the propane torch to start my chimney like many people recommended. This thing will be a fantastic chimney starter for my charcoal smokers if nothing else, heh. Can't wait to see how my pizza turns out later on this thing.

100_1145.jpg

100_1146.jpg

100_1149.jpg

I'm jealous you got a blue one! The performer is a great setup. Kettles are versatile, but the added burner for starting charcoal, work surface, and storage make it a real winner.

Started smoking some italian sausage to crumble up on top of the pizza later. I used some pecan wood, hoping for a light smoke flavor since the pizza itself will be grilled too.

100_1150.jpg

100_1152.jpg

Brings back memories, mine looked that clean 6 months ago :) It really is a sweet grill, only gripe is I wish they made a 26in model :heh:

Great looking weapon you added to your arsenal. I love all 3 of my performers I bought off craigslist. I use rotate which one I use each cook. So they all 3 typically get used within a week. :p

So while I am terrible at taking "after the cook" photos because I get all caught up in the eating part, here are a few more photos. The italian sausage all smoked, man it was delicious. Then the assembled pizza before cook. It was a store bought crust, some store bought pizza sauce that I added some italian seasoning to, a mixture of deli mozzarella and shredded, large pepperonis, small slices of pancetta, and chopped up smoked italian sausage I did earlier. I also put together some of my own ABT's, which are cream cheese mixed with shredded fiesta shredded cheese and chopped up smoked sausage.

Pizza turned out great, but I needed more heat in the grill. I used half a chimney of charcoal and put it on the side of the grill, put the stone on the opposite side where the vent was. Is that how most people do the stone on the kettles or do you just put all the charcoal under the stone for a more even heat? Anyways, the pizza came out real good.

Thanks for looking guys!

100_1153.jpg

100_1154.jpg

100_1155.jpg

Back