• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Date...I'm cooking ...suggestions ??

Surprised nobody has mentioned Oysters yet!!
A nice Oyster Rockefeller appetizer.

Red wine, grilled salmon, potatoes- mashed or cut and baked with olive oil seasoning garlic etc , stir fried fresh whole green beans. Desert - cheesecake
Done Deal!

My thoughts are blow her mind with caveman steaks ...if she loves this then definitely a keeper :yo: ...what do you guys think

For my lady, I cooked on our second date. Did a honey glazed salmon over white rice and some asparagus. It was a big hit, but it might be a good idea to practice it once or twice before taking it public as if you get your heat wrong or add your honey mixture too soon, you can scorch it pretty easily.

Here's the recipe I used for the salmon.
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/6b3iv4o1/honey-glazed-salmon.html

As for the asparagus, I just sauteed them in some minced garlic and chicken stock. Came out pretty good. Brushing them with oil and grilling them can be good, too.

Alright Im gonna get 2 nice rib-eyes and 2 lobster tails ...roasted asparagus and loaded baked potato's ..shes getting the case of beer ..this night is getting better by the minute

I would avoid the asparagus if you think you might get lucky. :mrgreen:

I don't think we've heard back from the OP. Are we gonna have to get a bucket of water?

Oysters on the Half a Shell and Wine, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries........

or

Squirrel Stew.........
But

eddie.jpg

I hope he is not handcuffed to the bed post and all is stuff is stolen....

And kind of scary too :confused:. Though maybe he did in fact propose and they eloped already and are on their honeymoon :becky:.

Could be either one of these. Might be a good idea to scour CraigsList ads from his area for kidneys or livers for sale, just in case...

I would NEVER cook on a first date. Too smelly an sweaty but maybe that's just me. I would take her to either a good BBQ joint or steak house (spend some money on her if you think she's worth it ) and then tell her that you can cook better than her. That will open the door to her coming over. Just my $.02.

Smelly and Sweaty? Whatthe hell are you cooking? BBQ?

hahaha ok heres the update ...date went awesome ...yes I cooked caveman steaks ....yes she was VERY impressed ...date lasted a lot longer then planned after getting home Sunday I just watched football and relaxed ....thats the end of that story :wink:

OH YEA ..LMAO being this was a first date I didnt wanna take pics for you guys ...I already threw the steaks straight on the coals in front of her I didnt wanna start snapping pics also ....she learns that obsession on like date 3

OH YEA ..LMAO being this was a first date I didnt wanna take pics for you guys ...I already threw the steaks straight on the coals in front of her I didnt wanna start snapping pics also ....she learns that obsession on like date 3
That was my thought. She would probably have been out after dinner if you were taking pictures of the food.

Back