• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

simple brisket injection?

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Gang

I am getting ready to put on a 12 lb packer on my OK Joe and thought I would mix it up a bit and try injecting it

I was thinking of just beef base, some Worcestershire sauce and water

does this sound reasonable to you?

I want to use what I have on and and try not to get too fancy

Using a dalmatian rub

thanks

Go easy on the beef base, you can get too much of it. I usually do about 2 tbsp per quart of injection. I'm sure others will have a better idea on amounts, but that's what I like.

I recently did a brisket about like you did, with water, beef base, worcestershire, and a little garlic powder. Turned out great!

The only time I injected a brisket, I used about what you did, but whisked in a little clarified butter. That seemed to work pretty well.

Alex

At home I make an injection of 2 cups beef broth where I put a sprig of Rosemary, one diced clove of garlic, one bay leaf and a pinch of dried thyme. I bring that to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer. After about 10 minutes I remove from the heat and let cool - starin before injecting.

What I don't inject I save and use when I wrap at 165 degrees.

When using injections in raw meat, they have to be strong enough to still have a presence after the fat renders. Think about it, do you want a watered down product? The post above from John Bowen sure looks like a great start. My injections and hot tub baths are always very potent, then I know they work. We use lots of phosphates in comps, but there's no reason not to at home if you want better products. Choice is up to who's wanting it. Try some and see. Then the only water used will be mixing those types up, and then I use juice for mine. Good luck. Steve.

Why are yo injecting water based solutin into a piece of flesh that is already at 100% saturation. It will do nothing, that brisket has to force out all the water before the collagen melts and becomes gelatinous and that my friend is what makes for a moist and flavorful brisket. All the beef stock in the world will not accomplish this. Mr or Ms Bovine has seen to it that that brisket has all it needs to be absolutely wonderful you just need to unlock the goody bank by cooking it right.

Why are yo injecting water based solutin into a piece of flesh that is already at 100% saturation. It will do nothing, that brisket has to force out all the water before the collagen melts and becomes gelatinous and that my friend is what makes for a moist and flavorful brisket. All the beef stock in the world will not accomplish this. Mr or Ms Bovine has seen to it that that brisket has all it needs to be absolutely wonderful you just need to unlock the goody bank by cooking it right.

well if it wont do anything then I have nothing to worry about

I just wanted to try something different. Sorry if that doesnt suit you

Bludawg is a "brisket purist" for sure.
LOTS of people inject briskets, though, with great results.

I've done just a simple beef broth with garlic powder, onion powder, worschestershire, salt & pepper. You may have to strain that, depending on what kind of needle your injector has.

Good luck!

Bludawg is a "brisket purist" for sure.
LOTS of people inject briskets, though, with great results.

I've done just a simple beef broth with garlic powder, onion powder, worschestershire, salt & pepper. You may have to strain that, depending on what kind of needle your injector has.

Good luck!

thanks everyone

already 2 1/2 hrs into the cook

Back