View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Lil bit of Pre-Play by Play. I cut the 22lb CR in half. I also need to cut down my smoke/pit time. The last time I made these it was a 24 hour roller coaster ride from smoke to pull. They will go on is few hours and then into the roaster with the braising liquid. I can crank up the roaster and get em to soft much quicker than back into the pit or the oven. If I use the oven, the house is going to be a hot box. So I'm going with the roaster.
I'm straying from the recipe a bit since this is one hunk o beef! I went pepper heavy but used some leftover Scandal Sprinkle. If you all have not tried this rub, TRY IT! Thanks to Donnie!
Gave you guys a cross cut pic so you can see the marbeling in it. Being that I'm using mesquite lump, I'm not adding more wood to the cook. I'll get all the smoke I want from the mesquite lump. I went with the Sprinkle because it has a few more ingredients in it that will help add some back flavor to the chuck beef flavor. I was trying to figure out how to hang the slabs with the PBC hooks, but may just go with the grate. More to come!

I'm not trimming anything off this beast!

Where Bubba at?

Want to thank Bubba once again for this type of cook. In the Spirit of the Brethren, I'd like for you all to see how things come back around. Full circle so to speak. I PM'd him like mad the first time. Chuck Rolls are monsters to cook. He helped walked me through the cook and to this day, I'm always reminded of BBQ Bubba (Steve Coddington) http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ck+roll&page=4 when I cook these and his willingness to help a member(ME) out that time. I must say that for the money and flavor and yield, you CANNOT beat a chuck roll vs what the number of briskets you would need to buy to do the same cook. I love brisket, but I must admit that a smokey chuck roll will give a brisket some heavy competition in terms of flavor. Give it a try Folks!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->