BBQ at Markets - Timing?

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got an opportunity to sell my BBQ at a local market. Basic stuff like Brisket, Pulled Pork, Ribs & Sausage.

The problem is set up is from 6am, and i'd need to be smoking overnight to pull it off. What would be the best solution for this? I'm thinking of keeping the briskets wrapped and in coolers, same with the pork but ribs i'm not sure about resting, as I wouldn't usually.

I could smoke the sausages and some of the meat on a smoker there from 6am but i'm wondering if any of ya'll run the same kinds of business and how you organise it?

Thanks for any help

What time do you want to start serving?

Cooking very hot and fast might solve your problem if you can live with staggered finishing times. The sausage and ribs can be done in plenty of time, butts next and briskets last.

Well I want to do them all with an offset stickburner, serving by 11am, and just serving home made Bacon sandwiches till then. With an arrival and set up at 6am, i'd be looking at having the bbq ready to go by 7am which leaves 4 hours.

The initial bbq i'll be using isn't that big, but if it goes well i've got a much bigger trailer upgrade in the wings.

I haven't experimented with hot & fast bbqing as i've always favored slow & low, but i'm willing to start trying it out.

Time to experiment with hot n fast cooking for masses and selling is different you work with the situation you have personally I would cook brisket and butts ahead and reheat or just cook ribs and sausage that way you can cook that day

Here in the states... most fall under local ordinances.

Please check with your local food authority... if you are transporting hot food from point A to point B.
Some localities will require point A be a certified kitchen as a starting point.
Insurance, license, tax ID?

if you want to pull your meat in front of everyone use the cooler method...butts and briskets wrapped will keep smoking hot for several hours...or cook ahead of time and reheat in the smoker..

Cook ahead. Reheat and serve. Dont forget your HD inspection?

Back