which is the need to put something under the basket coal

I mounted a cheap pizza pan to the bottom of my coal basket. When I pull my basket out all the ash comes with it. I give the basket a few twist and it slings all the ash out leaving me leftover coals for the next cook.

i'd love to see more about the cooler
well done!

I don't have too many more (any more, even?) pictures of the construction of it, but the radio portion is a Kenwood deck with 4 6x9 speakers (2 front, 2 rear). The rear speakers are on a switch so that they can be turned off independently of the fronts. The batteries are a couple of small sealed lead acid batteries with a 7aH capacity, connected in parallel. They are also connected to the two terminal posts you see on the outside so that you can charge them without getting to the batteries.

Putting the radio in is easy, though. Cut holes and connect it like any other stereo. The new walls/floor is the labor intensive part. A lot of bonding of different materials, trimming to size, adhering to existing walls, filling gaps, etc. I basically just added a false bottom, though, a couple of walls, and some caps over the electronics, then sealed them all in. It took two days of trouble shooting to identify and fix a small leak, but it is all sealed, now.

If you are any more interested, PM me and I'd be glad to help.

I've been searching for a drum for MONTHS and I think I found one. Here's a pic....

00l0l_3ZacdTaeQm0_600x450.jpg

Here's the reply I got when I asked him what was in it...

I do not know that answer. I obtained the drum about 20 years ago, it was clean through and through, no residue, no original top, no markings of any kind. I painted over the original black as shown in the ad. I filled it with water and used it to run my outboard engine.

I live in town (not really a city) and I'm not sure what sort of burn in I'd be able to do. Anybody have any opinions on whether or not I should jump on this?

00e0e_2eVktfySq2w_600x450.jpg

Get the drum, then give me the little dolly that it sits on :-D.

I live in a town, too, and burned out a drum without any real drama. You get a good fire going, no doubt, but it isn't like some crazy bonfire type thing. I just did it in my driveway.

Google some stuff on cooler stereo/radio. Aquatic audio has these ready made. Tons of info out there on them.

I have seen them before, but best I can tell, they don't hold beer. No mention on their site and only one picture that alludes to it with the Yeti.

The closest to what I built is from http://www.icechestradios.net/default.asp. Pricey, though, and no rear speakers, which are an absolute necessity when floating the river.

Besides, this is the Ugly Drum Smoker thread. Who wants ready made?

:wink:

Grimm5577
Nice paint job!!

Spargo
Nice UDS cart!! Thanks for sharing!

Back