• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken Thigh Cue Time

zachg18

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked here before, but I couldnt figure out how to search through threads so I figured I'd just ask..

How long do you all usually barbecue your chicken thighs for? I know it's not nearly as long as ribs or anything like that..

Thanks for any help.

I like to bring my up to 170 IT. I try to cook chicken a little hotter 325-350 so that usually takes a little over an hour. When they hit 165 I hit them with the glaze and by the time its nice and shiny its usually time to pull them off, usually 10 mins.

There is a Google search box near the bottom of every page that searches just this site.

I prefer hotter temps for chicken, usually 325 or so. Thighs are done in 1 1/2 hours or so at that temp, depending on the size of the thighs.

I do it like slowpoke as well. I let the kettle (bottom vent open all the way) get as hot as a full side basket of lit charcoal will get, and its done at 170 IT. Timeline is more than one hour, definitely less than two depending on how many times I take the lid off for sauce at the end.

Back