Weber Performer owners... do you use the propane start?

S

Smiter Q

I have done two cooks on my new Performer already. Both times my GF asked me why I used the chimney and did not use the propane burner:confused:. My answer to her was..."ummm I dunno:shock:... guess I like it the way I was doing it.:biggrin1:"
So this got me thinking tonight if other owners use the propane to light a pile of briquettes/lump or just light a chimney with a match the old fashioned way.

Thanks for the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I light my charcoal in chimney for bigger cooks and in the charcoal baskets for smaller cooks.

Both using propane ignition.

The propane starter is why I bought mine -- no bits of burning newspaper floating about.

Always use propane...sometimes just a pile...sometimes in basket(s)...sometimes in chimney with cone basket in chimney turned upsidedown. Just too easy to use the propane. Open the valve and press the button...voila.

Absolutely 100% yes! The propane to start charcoal in the baskets or in the chimney is one of the best features of the performer next to having the workspace of the countertop.

I don't ever use mine and using 2 paper towels covered in veggie oil seems to not leave any stuff flying around. I have an old performer with the oddball bottle on it and don't want to use it up because I am too lazy to deal with it once I can't get it refilled.

Always use propane...sometimes just a pile...sometimes in basket(s)...sometimes in chimney with cone basket in chimney turned upsidedown. Just too easy to use the propane. Open the valve and press the button...voila.

this

X3, it is part of the beauty of the Performer.

Back