View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #119
Rockin W Smokers
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Smoke View Post
That is way too cool .
Tell us a little about it
I built this & for a brand we are just calling it "Rockin W", I finished it last summer getting the paint on @ 6am on the day of our state championship cookoff. After cooking 10 times and 2 comps I have made a few adjustments to fine tune it now cooks great with no issues. The last 2 cooks were last week with one @ -38 & last weekends comp @ -18 degrees it will keep even temps all day. I have had a few cooks in the rain with the pit only dropping 5 degrees. I think it is only lacking a proper paint job that I hope to get to in the next few weeks if I don't go out of state for work. It is a standard insulated offset based on a nascar pit cart even using the same steering components. Of course it rolls easy with one person as long as you are on a flat hard surface thanks to the 12" golf cart wheels with low profile tires. Also added a tow bar to attach it to the 4 wheeler to make it easier to load into the enclosed trailer by myself. I did not want to worry about cooking space so I built it with 2450 sq in of cooking surface & a 30"x30" oven. The doors under the cooking chamber are just storage for my wood & tow bar. Last weekend I let everyone at the cookoff know it is for sale, if it sales I will build another one. This would make a great catering pit for someone. By the way did I mention it makes perfect pizzas in the oven!
Rockin W Smokers is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->