View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #44
B3
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Bandit View Post
try keeping the little door open until you see the temp rise... then close the door when coming close. May require to manually stoke the fire more often without vent holes.
When I open the door, the temp immediately drops. Should I just leave it open and trust that it will rise again? Stirring the coals up helps raise the temp, but only after I close the door again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
Get a camera!
I have been snapping shots, I just haven’t gotten to posting them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
I agree with keeping the door open a bit. Question, does it open side ways or slide up and down? Just wondering...
It opens from the side on a hinge, just like a door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Also, did you get the grate for your charcoal? If not, it's not to late... Either way, I think you're going to need to stir the coals every 45 minutes or so...
I got a grate and it was about 3/8” too large to sit down inside the brim of the pan and had to return it. It was like a 3-point fit without the third point. If I poured my chimney coals on it, it could have flipped right over. I need a grate that was maybe 1/2" smaller or 1/2" bigger. Either would have worked, but I didn’t have a chance to go hunting for another one. As I said, stirring definitely helps, but only after I close the door.

Last edited by B3; 09-06-2009 at 10:42 AM..
B3 is offline   Reply With Quote